• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Homemade tower Speakers on the Cheap...

CheapJ7

Mustache rides?
Doin some research for some audio options in the taco and came across these..
seems like a good idea on the cheap

6in pvc
couplers
end caps
couple Home depot u bolts..
fits 6.5 in speakeers

Im probably going to coat mine with rubberized undercoating to cut down vibrations...
Skimp on terminals, just run the wires straight out the bottom w/ some silicone around them...
marine speakers

Can_Shot.jpg

Inside_Can.jpg

both_cans.jpg

Buddy made one like that , it was u shaped and fit on his front 4-wheeler rack. It rocked and was powered by a small amp with MP3 player attached..

caglezxj said:
Buddy made one like that , it was u shaped and fit on his front 4-wheeler rack. It rocked and was powered by a small amp with MP3 player attached..

yea, you can go with the little guy amps mounted inside the tube, and direct from MP3..

I already have a cd player in my rig so gna go that route...

i did close to the same thing with stove pipe couplings and caps....dont look bad but i dont have a pic of it......although i have had a few people copy me and made some for others

John Galbreath Jr. said:
I may have a 6" section of PVC long enough, if you want it, I'll look. How long?

doesn't have to be long at all... 3ft would be about perfect, but i'll take whatever you've got...

CheapJ7 said:
yea, you can go with the little guy amps mounted inside the tube, and direct from MP3..

I already have a cd player in my rig so gna go that route...

what is the deal or where can i get some of thosw liitle guy amps?

also i figure the pvc caps are to cap one end off but what are the pvc couplers for?

and how long do they need to be to sound right and do they need any of that polyfill stuff inside?

alot of my buddies have used this idea on there boats to save on the exspensive tower speakers.....good idea that works really well !!!!!!! :spin:

ridenrace6 said:
what is the deal or where can i get some of thosw liitle guy amps?

also i figure the pvc caps are to cap one end off but what are the pvc couplers for?

and how long do they need to be to sound right and do they need any of that polyfill stuff inside?

Not shure, but
on the amp you can get one designed for a motorcyle. Hog tunes sales one

on the coupler thingy it looks like the 6" pipe is just slid indside to screw the speaker to. When you put the cover on the speaker it is bigger that the speaker and probably looks bad. Put the coupler on and it looks smooth.

on the tower speaker you buy they are around 8" to 12" inches and I would think you could rock out without any filler. I have Memphis speakers in my boat with no padding or anything and they are loud enough for me to here over straight exhaust.

CheapJ7 said:
doesn't have to be long at all... 3ft would be about perfect, but i'll take whatever you've got...

I looked this morning, I have about 7', so when you get ready, give me a length and I'll cut it off for you.

John Galbreath Jr. said:
I looked this morning, I have about 7', so when you get ready, give me a length and I'll cut it off for you.

pefrect.. Thanks man :dblthumb:

and on the amp, most run a cheap one from ebay.. not sure the name..
google "homemade 4wheeler speaker tube" or somethin like that.. its the atv guys that run the amps inside their box setups...

the end cap is to cap one end and the coupler gives it a clean look and makes it flush w/ the 6.5 speakers...

i made mine out of old kc light housings replaced the lense with 3/4 mdf board and screwed the speakers to that. its waterproof already has a hole for the wire and a mounting bolt. welded a tab to the cage and hung them upside down also filled them with cotton. the only down fall is you can only fit 4 inch speakers booyang

smurfy90 said:
i made mine out of old kc light housings replaced the lense with 3/4 mdf board and screwed the speakers to that. its waterproof already has a hole for the wire and a mounting bolt. welded a tab to the cage and hung them upside down also filled them with cotton. the only down fall is you can only fit 4 inch speakers booyang

This what I have on the single seater.

http://motorcyclespeakers.net/shop/rumble_road_speakers-105-prd1.htm

105_big.jpg