• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hoodoo, down in Orego

Made all the climbs except Twisted Sister. Too steep for my wheelbase / tire combo / lack of a front snug down winch. I think any one of those items would have let me succeed, but the lack of all three doomed me. Only trail leader , Barnyard, made it. Just Kevin and I tried, out of 9 of us. Byotch has pics.

Rest of group playing here on Tuesday, family and I are going rock hounding, looking for Agates, Obsidian and Thunder Eggs before we move camp south for new ORV area

Rim is a lot of fun. We left firewood for ya!

We burned it. :redneck:
The Ground Hog Rock Crawl is here on Sat. If I'd have known about it in advance, I'd have brought my 37s and helmets. As is, my TJ isnt going to be competitive in the next class up (42s and stickies) . Might watch it. Am still thinking about entering for the fun of it.

We burned it. :redneck:
The Ground Hog Rock Crawl is here on Sat. If I'd have known about it in advance, I'd have brought my 37s and helmets. As is, my TJ isnt going to be competitive in the next class up (42s and stickies) . Might watch it. Am still thinking about entering for the fun of it.

Its a fun event, enter it!

Trails were amazing. Ran 11 To 40 To 10. Few folks had mechanical issues, but I was OK. Ran every extreme obstacles, including a vertical drop that truly worried me.

Ran 40-series trails today. The 41 to 43, little bit else, until I lost power steering pump, then headed back to camp. Rim Butte awesome place to visit. Great rock crawling all thtee places, but Rim has longest trails, most expansive area.

Tried. Failed. This picture doesn't do justice to the climb. One of the later photos shoes a better perspective. From a different photographer's viewpoint, and slightly more focused.

Attachments

• oregon.jpg
    oregon.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
This was the only spot that I pointed the jeep and it failed to climb. Kept slipping off towards the driver's side. The photo simply doesn't do justice to how steep it is. If I had slightly longer WB, probably would have made it. If I had slightly stickier tires, or, a suck-down winch, probably would have made it also. But it just beat me.

pics;

Attachments

• oregon10.jpg
    oregon10.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 97
  • oregon8.jpg
    oregon8.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 98
  • oregon7.jpg
    oregon7.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 100
  • oregon6.jpg