• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How did u come up with the name of your rig???

My favorites from stopping for fuel.
"What is that thing?" Me-" a Cherokee"

"What kind of motor do you have in that thing?" Me- "worn out straight 6", "it will turn those tires?" Me-"most of the time, I geared the axles lower", "I've got a (insert old carburetored truck) pushing 500hp, and I want to run 38's, what do you think I should gear it?" Me-"idk?"

I love this one ... " my buddy has one he built exactly like that ... he builds these !" And I live in a small town and know everyone with one ... :wtflol: :gtfo: but I don't say that I usually just nod my head and smile

5BrothersFabrication said:
Holy shite! Did you run WEROCK a few years back? If so, that thingis badass!

No, wasn't me...Euro Ultra 4 is what I'm looking at next year...

Mine is "overtime" and I would assume its pretty easy to understand why. I worked a **** load of overtime to try and build it. Folks would laugh because I had a spare bedroom in my house that was completely full of buggy parts. Basically I had every part of my buggy except motor and trans in my house. I would buy a part or two per paycheck over a year period and then thought I was good besides the cost of steel and labor. Damn was I wrong :rolf:

BLGXJ said:
My favorites from stopping for fuel.
"What is that thing?" Me-" a Cherokee"

"What kind of motor do you have in that thing?" Me- "worn out straight 6", "it will turn those tires?" Me-"most of the time, I geared the axles lower", "I've got a (insert old carburetored truck) pushing 500hp, and I want to run 38's, what do you think I should gear it?" Me-"idk?"

Had a lady walk up at a gas station one day and ask if she could take a pic to show her husband. Of course I told her sure. Then she proceeded to tell me how her husband and her had a buggy as well and they were from California. I told her that was nice and was plenty of places to ride around here. She proceeded to tell me how they have a massive amount of money invested in this buggy. So of course I ask if she has a pic and it looks like a nice rail buggy kinda like a dune jumper. I just said these hobbies get expensive quick and that I understood the money. Then she proceeded to tell me they had $10k in their buggy and that she knew people out here didn't put that kinda of money in buggies. I couldn't help but laugh a lil and just told her to have a nice day. Folks are so funny they always ask "how much will you sell it for" and "how much money you got invested in that thing".

civicmindedex79 said:
Had a lady walk up at a gas station one day and ask if she could take a pic to show her husband. Of course I told her sure. Then she proceeded to tell me how her husband and her had a buggy as well and they were from California. I told her that was nice and was plenty of places to ride around here. She proceeded to tell me how they have a massive amount of money invested in this buggy. So of course I ask if she has a pic and it looks like a nice rail buggy kinda like a dune jumper. I just said these hobbies get expensive quick and that I understood the money. Then she proceeded to tell me they had $10k in their buggy and that she knew people out here didn't put that kinda of money in buggies. I couldn't help but laugh a lil and just told her to have a nice day. Folks are so funny they always ask "how much will you sell it for" and "how much money you got invested in that thing".

laughing1 laughing1

$10k is probably what her husband TOLD her he had in the thing!

Mine got named back when Scott was doing its original build for Dirt Rite racing. Picked up the chassis from Pete one Saturday evening and brought it over to my house. Its sitting on his trailer all raw metal.We are sitting on my front porch drinking and listening to Grandpa Jones wear out a banjo. I look out at it and see the front down bars (no grill yet) all shiny in the moonlight, and I say those look like rattlesnake fangs on the front of the Zuk. The song OLe Rattler is playing at the time, so Scott names the car Rattler on the spot. I inherited the name when I bought the chassis from him a couple years later. It slithers like a rattlesnake and rattles like a beer can half full of BB's. molaugh molaugh ... Rattler.

Re: How did u come up with the name of your rig?

Bamaxj84 said:
I started calling mine "side chick" bc when I was building it my wife would say I spent to much time and money on it so it just came to me when she said that. Asked if she would prefer I get a real "side chick"....I didn't think so lol

When I was building my first Toyota, my wife, then fiancé, called it my mistress. She used to tell her co workers that I was spending Saturday with my mistress. More than once she got an "oh I'm so sorry" and then she would explain to them.

HalfSquat
85 4Runner that sits two inches lower in the rear.
My wife asked if I had a name for it when we bought it. I just watched Tropic Thunder the night before, and remembered the line Ben stiller said to the little boy when he was getting ready to go on stage to play simple jack.
'I shall call you, HalfSquat'

Mashed Potato cuz it's white and all dented up. My brother actually named it without even knowing, we were playing golf one day and I hit a good drive past his and he yells out "Mashed Patater! Kinda stuck :dblthumb: