• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How do I get ORV tags for my buggy?

mjp1080

Is there any special procedure I have to go through? Maybe a state patrol inspection or something along those lines. Or do I just go to the dmv and say I need a new title and orv tags. I've never had this situation before so any insight would be appreciated.:D

Regardless of what anyone posts here as "useful information" you will need to contact the State Patrol directly and ask them what they want/need of you and your vehicle.

Call them tomorrow.:awesomework:

Yes, it will need to be inspected and have a VIN assigned by the WSP before you can register it. Call them 1st though as they sometimes want reciepts for build materials:rolleyes:

yes they want a recept for everything, main stuff like motor,tranny, tube axles etc. and they'll want the vin# from those vehicles also, they told me no craigs list stuff either, when i told them i had purched axles off craigs list they stopped and said good luck and keep it on private property as it could never be vin'ed without those recepts and vins. this was my personal experience.

yes they want a recept for everything, main stuff like motor,tranny, tube axles etc. and they'll want the vin# from those vehicles also, they told me no craigs list stuff either, when i told them i had purched axles off craigs list they stopped and said good luck and keep it on private property as it could never be vin'ed without those recepts and vins. this was my personal experience.

I would argue this with them. Unless they can come up with a law which says "no craigslist stuff" they need to process your vehicle.

well that was because i said i bought them of craigs list and couldn't varify vin because it had been a while since purchased and the truck was long gone. so for the most part you need to have your ducks in a row, find people to give vin #'s for parts you may have. like for my motor the guy i got it from still had the doors kickin around which had the vin #. i know there are ways around it , i.e. lying etc., as long as your recipts and vins# are good. but arguing with them gets you know where, they , at the local insp. are pure assholes and very arogant, they wont give you anymore info then they want to tell you to make you guess?

I'm already trying to think of ways around this, other than the motor and tubing, coilovers and some misc. items I dont have receipts for ****. This could become a real pain in the ass.:rolleyes:

this was my personal experience.

Yikes! But not surprising.

The 1 thing that has always got my feathers ruffled is when a state or federal employee (out on the trails) says, "just go to the State Patrol and get it licensed". Like it's that simple.:rolleyes: Bull snot!!!

I registered my bronco 2 as a orv and kept the vin
And plan on putting it on my buggy
Why get the government involved
All that want is to get paid and give out
Headaces my .002 cents :awesomework:

I have a jeep front clip on my buggy and so I hunted around to find an older then 30 year jeep on CL. Found a 1954 CJ tub with a title so I got it. I have a title and VIN now for my buggy, just need some nice collector plates so I dont have to buy tabs every year. :cool:

I have a jeep front clip on my buggy and so I hunted around to find an older then 30 year jeep on CL. Found a 1954 CJ tub with a title so I got it. I have a title and VIN now for my buggy, just need some nice collector plates so I dont have to buy tabs every year. :cool:

problem with this is that a friend of mine got checked at naches a while back in his buggy, it has a willys colector plate and the orv officer called the state partol to check it out as it did not look like a willys jeep, w/ the liberty hood 5.3, tube chassis,etc, etc.

This is fraud. It'll work (kinda) but as supersamurai said, if they check, you're busted. Chances are they will let it slide, but.....

Go to office depot and buy a couple different generic receipt books and write away. Run a few receipts thru the laundry etc. problem solved:awesomework:

the vin # would be a problem unless you know someone who runs a wrecking yard (I do) that could get you the #s

Even better would be actual receipts from businesses, yes they would be bogus but the pigs don't know. If you knew enough people in the right palces you could pull it off. I'd walk in there with so many receipts it would make the cocksuckers heads spin :haha:

This is fraud. It'll work (kinda) but as supersamurai said, if they check, you're busted. Chances are they will let it slide, but.....

It will work for me just fine.. How the hell do they know that I didnt start my project with grandpas old CJ5? They can kiss my buggy drivin :kissmybutt:. Just like we cant "prove" our parts with receipts they cant prove I didnt start building on an old jeep. I try not to wheel my **** where cops can go anyway, thats why I have a buggy... stay out of the parking lots! :looser: