• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How do I get ORV tags for my buggy?

I does say further down if your rig doesn't have a vin, description of the vehicle will do. But, Unless you have an address (not PO Box) from a state with no orv permits Oregon will not issue you one. If they do it is your job to know that you are going to recieve a ticky in WA because they don't care if Marge at the Coos Bay Safeway sold you a permit.

I have a jeep front clip on my buggy and so I hunted around to find an older then 30 year jeep on CL. Found a 1954 CJ tub with a title so I got it. I have a title and VIN now for my buggy, just need some nice collector plates so I dont have to buy tabs every year. :cool:
Did this on my buggy for three years. It was checked at reiter & naches more than once with no issues.

dude told us or orv are only good here if you are from oregon, if you live in wash and orv's from ore. they told us you will be busted, just what the orv officer told us.

so you were bullied??? again i would ask for rcw. he cannot site you for having orv tags from OR. just because mr. law says? i think not. like i said, my washington address is on my OREGON title for my orv.

they say this is fine as long as you are riding your orv in oregon and live in wash. but they say living in wash with ore. orv and using your orv in wash with oregon tags is illegal. main registration has to be from the state you live in.

guys, you're making this WAY too hard.

Drive to Oregon (or call a friend to buy one for you in oregon and mail it), buy an OHV permit for $10.50. No inspections, No hassle, nothing.

They don't even require a VIN:
http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/ATV/qa.shtml

And its permitted to be used on ORV trails in WA. Done.

PS. This isn't fraudulent, and 100% legal. And without our NOVA funds, I'd rather be supporting Oregon ORV trails than WA state parks.

You don't have to go anywhere, you can just order one by phone.
From here.
Or you can order by phone!

If you cannot find a location near you, you may call 1-800-551-6949 and purchase your ATV permit over the phone using Visa or MasterCard. Please have your make, body style, VIN number, personal information and card information available.

i would argue this till the end of time. i'll even ask-- how do you know. my orv is titled in OR, has OR tags and has my washington address on the title. nothing wrong or illegal with it. if it is illegal, i would love to see the rcw.

A frind of mine tried that with his razor to get away from paying sales tax. didn't work. you need to be a oregon resident for the oregon tag to be valid. washington resident operating a ORV in washington with a oregon ORV tag doesn't mean ****.

and hope everyone gets away with it!

X2:awesomework:

-----------

Bottom line, whether you've got away with faking it, bought a donor rig for the VIN #, registered your tow rig as street and ORV:;, got an Oregon ORV tab, forged receipts for the WSP inspection, whatever.......if you play the game, you'd better know the rules. And be willing to accept the consequences IF caught.

:beer:

Q: I am from out of state, is my home state permit valid in Oregon?
A: An ATV/OHV operating permit that is issued in another state shall be honored in the State of Oregon if the issuing state also honors an Oregon ATV operating permit. This arrangement is Reciprocity. The ATV must have a resident state ATV/OHV operating permit or a State of Oregon ATV operating permit to operate the ATV on designated Oregon ATV areas. A State of Oregon ATV operating permit may be issued for all terrain vehicles owned by a resident of another state that does not have a permitting program. For a list of states that have reciprocity with Oregon, please visit the Reciprocity Information Page.

Washington "does" have it's own ORV tag system. Trust me after many years of riding the Oregon dunes. If you lie to get OR ORV permits and get caught it will hurt.

Washington does have it's own ORV permit system and Washington also has a reciprocity agreement with Oregon. Oregon ORV tabs are good in Washington and visa versa.

If you can't show a law that says so then you don't know.:;

:; The only thing I know is that I will hide in the bushes the next time the FS ranger comes to camp.:redneck:

Ranger - "Where is the owner of this vehicle?"

My accomplice - "He's out......I don't know where he is."

Me - snickering in the bushes

:awesomework:

I does say further down if your rig doesn't have a vin, description of the vehicle will do. But, Unless you have an address (not PO Box) from a state with no orv permits Oregon will not issue you one. If they do it is your job to know that you are going to recieve a ticky in WA because they don't care if Marge at the Coos Bay Safeway sold you a permit.

Again no ticket in Wa for having an Or ORV tab. The LEO may give you a ticket but he would be wrong and it would be up to you to fight the ticket.

they say this is fine as long as you are riding your orv in oregon and live in wash. but they say living in wash with ore. orv and using your orv in wash with oregon tags is illegal. main registration has to be from the state you live in.

I would be very suprised to see a law that upheld this. They can say whatever they want but if they can't show a law to back it up then it's nothing more than BS.

......and it would be up to you to fight the ticket.

By a vote of hands......Who wants to go through this?

We understand what you're saying Rick.......the ORV laws are just as confusing to "us" as they are for "them". But why, WHY would someone knowing put themselves in that situation? Not me.:puke:

Latest posts