• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How many of you all belong to a 4x4/offroad club?

phew said:
yeah but you gotta get in with the right group of people. It's always nice to now you can call someone to get you if stuck broke whatever. Or just wanna go wheelin . It's got it's good and bad like anything else

That's what I'm talking about, except the good and bad parts, our club seems to only have good *knocks on wood*

I know that 'WHORE' is an acronym (and the 'finger' is a nice touch). But image is everything. If you want to promote 4 wheelin' as a family activity, you must be cautious of the image you project. The 'WHORE' guys I've met have been great guys but the world is watching. There is an old saying that is very true- 'You never get a second chance to make a first impression'.

The PNW (and other of road groups) is constantly fighting to keep lands open for all of us. To name your club something that is funny to some but offensive to many is just another black mark against our 4 wheelin' community.

Flame on.:stirpot:

fOR the record these type of names are frowned apon by government agency's.

Ben there--done that...

I heard that story, you told them NW-Wheelers = Nekkid Womens Wheelers and they slapped you on the wrist :D

Digger 5 said:
I know that 'WHORE' is an acronym (and the 'finger' is a nice touch). But image is everything. If you want to promote 4 wheelin' as a family activity, you must be cautious of the image you project. The 'WHORE' guys I've met have been great guys but the world is watching. There is an old saying that is very true- 'You never get a second chance to make a first impression'.

The PNW (and other of road groups) is constantly fighting to keep lands open for all of us. To name your club something that is funny to some but offensive to many is just another black mark against our 4 wheelin' community.

Flame on.:stirpot:

why do we need to be politicly correct? Why do we need to have a pc name? why can't we show the finger that most people deserve to see on a daily basis? and how is it a black mark against our community theres worse names in this world and people that do alot less for rieter. We go to all the clean up's with numbers we've been attending rtw/ dnr meetings trying to help keep our trails open. But we leave a black mark on our sport/HOBBY

phew said:
why do we need to be politicly correct? Why do we need to have a pc name? why can't we show the finger that most people deserve to see on a daily basis? and how is it a black mark against our community theres worse names in this world and people that do alot less for rieter. We go to all the clean up's with numbers we've been attending rtw/ dnr meetings trying to help keep our trails open. But we leave a black mark on our sport/HOBBY

As much as I don't agree with the name (granted you guys are good guys and would wheel with ya anytimes) but you are 100% correct. and I think being pro-active like you guys are is whats going to IMO not cause that much of a ruckus in the sport....

thanks crash we want to be able to wheel as much if not more than anyone else we chose our name due to the events that led up to use creating our club we like it we're keepin it

Last edited:
phew said:
thanks crash we want to be able to wheel as much if not more than anyone else we chose our name due to the events that led up to use creating our club we like it we're keepin it

So I guess "boner" is outa the question for a new name :flipoff:

phew-
You are drawing attention to yourself in a negative way. There are many groups trying to tell the world that we are all just white trash rednecks that mess up the environment. Any message from our community should be positive, not a reinforcement of their uneducated beliefs. Most people that see 'WHORE' are not going to take the time to understand your reasons for the name. They're going to make a snap judgement and maybe next time when they vote on a land issue they're remember your coat and your FU attitude.
The key to keeping the woods open is to make allies of the rest of the world. To alienate them will cause us all to lose.

to the original question:

Tri City Peak Putters. Established 1966.

As far as the whore guys, you can do whatever you want, but if you ever become politically active, don't expect to be taken seriously. Even with our name people get the wrong idea. . .they think we are golfers.

Digger 5 said:
The key to keeping the woods open is to make allies of the rest of the world.
:corn: :corn: :corn: Most of our "enemies" don't wanna be allies no matter what we do to try and convince them otherwise. :rolleyes:

OldGreen said:
As far as the whore guys, you can do whatever you want, but if you ever become politically active, don't expect to be taken seriously. Even with our name people get the wrong idea. . .they think we are golfers.

This brings up a good point. back when I was in snort and did my first cleanup organization at reiter I used snort as the club running it all. Well all the higher ups that helped me on the other side of the fence were not able to publicly know who was organizing it because of the name. So there is a perfect example of what OG was saying.... Not that what was done didn't help....

ANother WHORE here.... IT cracks me up how this name gets everybody panties in a bunch....

Most people that see the logo... Think we are some kind of man sluts... All the logo says is" Any place, Any time , anywhere, WHORE) If you find offense to that it is because you make some preconceived notion about what or who we are. As to the middle finger... IT is fitting for us. We don't want to be a family group.

We also step up and go the the meetings, and the clean ups. we make positive remarks and do what we can to better the 4 wheeling community... IF the logo offends you then you should take it to heart.:flipoff: Personally the only people I have ever had question my jacket is mothers in the grocery store who are offended by the finger. They are the same ones who are put off the Big ol nut sack I have hanging under the truck...:kissmyass: SOme people get to caught up in the PC world. And as far as the logo goes it dosn't say anything about 4 wheeling in the logo.

Anyway, I pesonally think the logo reflects my mood on any given day. :)

Just my .02

Digger 5 said:
phew-
You are drawing attention to yourself in a negative way. There are many groups trying to tell the world that we are all just white trash rednecks that mess up the environment. Any message from our community should be positive, not a reinforcement of their uneducated beliefs. Most people that see 'WHORE' are not going to take the time to understand your reasons for the name. They're going to make a snap judgement and maybe next time when they vote on a land issue they're remember your coat and your FU attitude.
The key to keeping the woods open is to make allies of the rest of the world. To alienate them will cause us all to lose.