• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hy-steer T.R.E allready sloppy

tantoy

just pulling both front tires off the wheeler and noticed that both TRE's had a good 1/8th of slop in them. The drag link ends were still good as new. Its a allpro hy-steer kit about 3 years old ( FJ-80 ends I think ? ). I am running 35's, a steering damper on the tierid, and no hydro, not a daily driver (not huge miles). How much life you getting out of your TRE's? Is this average concidering the added stress of offroad? I wish they had zerk's.

Says this on top of TRE " made in japan K 2 three Five 555". Is there a better brand or style? I dont want to go heim.

Same ones I've been running, and I have zero slop. Are they all loose or just the draglink?

Yea, Its not just a loose nut either. Never seen a TRE wear so quickly. I must be REALY hardcore:D

tantoy said:
Says this on top of TRE " made in japan K 2 three Five 555". Is there a better brand or style? I dont want to go heim.

Those are suppost to be the good ones.

But 3 years, I don't really consider that to bad for a offroad rig.

Are you sure the nuts havnt backed off?? My old all pro arms didnt have the right taper machined in so after almost 2 years the tie rods got loose..1 torquing of em fixed it, well 4 seconds of the impact that is..

yep I thought the nuts were just loose too, but they were tight. When I take them off I will split one apart and see if the "lubed for life" theory is true.

Hook up with some stock FJ-80 ends. FROR has them for way cheaper than a dealer would sell em for. They are way burlier than 555 ends

Bunk said:
Hook up with some stock FJ-80 ends. FROR has them for way cheaper than a dealer would sell em for. They are way burlier than 555 ends
The triple-5s ARE the stock joints.

tantoy said:
Just saw the TRE's @ Trail Gear have zerks . I think I'l try them.

I have the trail gear ones now, they wore out in 1-2 runs. I had the 555 ones for 3 years and they were still tight when I sold them. Now I am going to have to buy new ends for a brand new hysteer kit.

Make sure you are not maxing out the useable range of the joint under articulation. That will destroy a joint in a heartbeat.

GaryTJ said:
Make sure you are not maxing out the useable range of the joint under articulation. That will destroy a joint in a heartbeat.
That's what I was thinking, but it's not his draglink....

2 of my allpro ends wore out in about 2 years. Since I have replaced them and drilled and added grease fittings. So far so good.