• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hydro control valve?

Maverick26

As iron sharpens iron...
Im looking for a valve used for rear steer setups sometimes. I know the ol' Money Mark buggy had this setup with a small valve on top of the orbital so that a custom padel steer handle was built. It was a dual action valve but it was a twisting motion that activated it not a push/pull. I think maybe even James had this setup also on DVII. Just looking for a source for the valve right now.

They were normal valves.....What seemed like "rotational" action was achieved by using a bell crank type linkage.......super simple

So its just a regular 2 way valve (joystick) with the stick removed. I got it. Ill look around and see if I can find one.

So its just a regular 2 way valve (joystick) with the stick removed. I got it. Ill look around and see if I can find one.

I thought the paddle was just hooked to the joystick with a short link.

With the valve mounted on the right side of the column,,,,

you pull the right paddle to turn right rear resulting in PULLING back on the joystick.

you pull the left paddle to turn left rear, which actually pushes the right paddle away from wheel resulting in PUSHING on the joystick.

Really simple setup.

Ya I got the idea on how this will work, I am just looking for a source for a valve that will work in this aplication. I see PSC has a rear steer valve but I am guessing that that one is over priced. Surplus center is kinda hard to tell what is what on there, I am not sure what one I would need.