• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

hydro steering fluid?

FullThrottle89

Wondering what u guys r running in your hydro systems. I have researched it and found many different suggestions. I have a psc orbital, tsc 2x8 ram, and factory PS pump.

PSC says Royal purple on their rams....

What I went with & haven't had any issues

Jduck said:
huh they told me reg. powersteering fluid. Havnt had any problems

X2 I was running Amsoil hydro fluid and they said to dump it and buy the cheapest **** I could find at the parts house. No problems since.

i've been running the amsoil for a few years, what issues were yall have'n? my pumps seem like they get weak over time.

Gm power steering fluid. Some of the better fluid around and easily accessible at your dealership.

I run the same fluid I run in my rockwells, that way when your steering fluid gets low, hold a can under your axles, they will be dripping somewhere, and fill her back up!

I run Mopar ATF+4 with the original dodge pump from 89 with 229000 miles on it. I'm sure a new pump would do better but it doesn't give me any problems.

ISO46 weight Hyrdaulic fluid. I will never go back to PS fluid or expensive synthetics. If it gets too hot, get a bigger cooler. Don't expect a magic fluid to fix an underdesigned cooling system.