• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I always thought BYS...

JayH

...ended here:

bysoutQ_med.jpg

but all the egresses on to the road had "Not A Trail" markers stuck in them. What's the deal with that?

When I hit the fork in the trail - to the left and double back and up in to the woods, or to the right I saw this:

bysblockQ_med.jpg

Looked like someone's lame attempt to block a bypass around this:

bysrealQ_med.jpg

Where's the "official" trail/line here???

The trail doesn't end at the first picture but near it. If you were at the end of the trail where it drops out to the road you would go to the left a short ways to that first picture....The other pictures I don't recognise.

I recognize that rock in the first picture. Thats the one Butterfield crawled up and we all winched a couple of years ago for the CRAWL shoot.

So, looking at that first pic, the trail comes out to the right about thirty feet or so? One of those "This is not a Trail" markers was broken off about ten inches up from the ground in the middle of that exit.

The other two are just after the fork in the trail where one fork goes on up to the left and doubles back along the top of the ridge. That's right about the top when you get out of most of the muck. Where's the left branch end at?

Here's a couple more whore pix - I gotta get a better camera.

bysdown1_sm.jpg

bysdown2_sm.jpg

bysdown3_sm.jpg

bysdown4_sm.jpg

The trail doesn't end at the first picture but near it. If you were at the end of the trail where it drops out to the road you would go to the left a short ways to that first picture....The other pictures I don't recognise.

The original exit to BYS does now have a sign saying "Not a trail" I think they want you to continue going across the hill and loop around and come out over the top of the rock in the first pick.

I went up Saturday afternoon Mike. I had a few hours to kill and wanted to finally run BYS. Staged up the mainline rd a bit and was back on the road home by 3:30. Fun little trail!

i went in there this weekend it was a blast we turn around tho as it was 7:30 when we got to it so we figured we would wait till another day :awesomework:

I saw it (drove over it:redneck:) last weekend......didn't want to say anything though......."The greenies are sabotaging our trails!" :rolleyes:

There are a few exits to that trail now......live with it / deal with it.:;

I'm calling out the individual or entity that solely or took part in determining that portion of the trail needs closing.

I don't necessarily agree or dis-agree......but we deserve an answer. And sense there would have been an official decision made to close it, I'd prefer an official answer.

So it seems that no one, in this community anyway, knows why the exit has been marked, "closed". Crash, you monitoring this thread? and would you be the point person to find out if it was a DNR decision or not?

And still no word on the trail taking off to the left at the top of the ridge... :stirpot:

SOL... Does that have an exit, or do you just wander around, turn around and come back out the way you went in?

From the newest Foothills newsletter from the DNR. "Over the years, many users built their own trails without permission. Many of these user-built trails are in areas that are environmentally sensitive or not appropriate for a number of reasons. New, unauthorized user-built trails continue to appear as users find new routes in the woods. DNR staff has begun posting signs at many of these locations, indicating which trails are not to be used. Please protect the health of the ecosystem at Reiter, and obey these signs. And please do not establish any new trails."

It's not like I didn't suspect the sign was legit.......alas, confirmation.

Should we grab our pitchforks now? *rabble, rabble, rabble*

Iam a newbie to the Reiter trail system.... BUT!!

Didnt all the trails up there get built by "USERS?"

What the **** are they talking USER BUILT?!!!!

That is something that they should be bringing up AFTER it gets turned into a ORV park!!

I understand not to go and "blaze trail" and what not...

But the User Built line is a bunch of crap!:looser:! how else did they get there?:eeek: