• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I commissioned some art.

Dookey

In September, the wife and I took an amazing journey to Moab over our anniversary to enjoy the hard work we put into our Jeep. For those who have followed along with that project you will know that it hasn't been an easy build. It has stretched what I thought I could put myself through to enjoy something. And even though it is still a process we are enjoying it now.

On our trip we made it up to Top Of The World. I have been staring at pictures of this trail for years and to finally enjoy it was on my bucket list. What I didn't know is that the road up there was probably the worst trail I've been on. It beat us up. But the payout was worth it. Absolutely worth it and you should start making plans to go.

We were up there for a couple of hours completely on our own with nobody bothering us. We could take in our adventure together without someone else spoiling it. I felt, at that moment, that all the hard work we had invested into the Jeep had finally paid off. And the trail up to TOTW was a reminder of what it was like during the build. Difficult to see the end but man it was worth it.

So I wanted something that would remind me of how I felt to have accomplished so much with Anya. Then I found a hood locally and bought it. Stripped it down to bare metal and tossed a coat of primer on it. Only to ship it off to Anya's unbelievably talented sister. Who completely surpassed all of my expectations and created the first piece of art that I could say I care about. I couldn't imagine anybody else completing this for me.

I'd try to explain how this painting makes me feel but I wouldn't do it justice. So I thought I'd share the amazing work instead. This is going to hang on our wall and it will remind me every day of something we accomplished together. I'm proud to say I own this as it is 100% unique, 100% emotion, and 100% mine.

I'll post pics once we get it on the wall. :smoke:

MH1.jpg

very cool. love that place! going back for my 4th time this spring.

I have a great pic of my previous truck sitting at the edge of that very point!!

Hell yea, that's sweet. Need to post some pics of the trip thumb.gif I found the Dookeys revenge thread when you were still swapping axles every 3 weeks, followed it up til right before the end. That was a hell of a build thread/experience you went through on that thing.