• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I hate gauge shopping.

patooyee

I hate gauge shopping. There's so damn many of them and some seem so overpriced! I want a set that incudes a 3-3/8 ELECTRIC speedo, 2-1/16 oil pressure, water temp, and volts. I realize that most of these sets will include a fuel level but I won't need / use it. I will also need something that I can buy a matching 40 - 75 psi fuel pressure gauges for. I want the faces to be black, preferably with black bezels also, they need to have night time illumination of some sort, preferably backlit LED. Prefer electric sending units so that I don't have to have fluids running in the cab. Finally, for the main set I don't want to spend more than $300. Less if possible. I know the fuel pressure gauge will be extra.

Can anyone recommend something for me? I've been shopping for hours and haven't found it.

J. J.

patooyee said:
I hate gauge shopping. There's so damn many of them and some seem so overpriced! I want a set that incudes a 3-3/8 ELECTRIC speedo, 2-1/16 oil pressure, water temp, and volts. I realize that most of these sets will include a fuel level but I won't need / use it. I will also need something that I can buy a matching 40 - 75 psi fuel pressure gauges for. I want the faces to be black, preferably with black bezels also, they need to have night time illumination of some sort, preferably backlit LED. Prefer electric sending units so that I don't have to have fluids running in the cab. Finally, for the main set I don't want to spend more than $300. Less if possible. I know the fuel pressure gauge will be extra.

Can anyone recommend something for me? I've been shopping for hours and haven't found it.

J. J.
There's a buffet restaurant commercial where the guy is like, "I was steak, lobster, crab, etc" and the waitress is like "no problem." Then he's like, "I want to pay $10" and she screams,
"PROBLEM!"

That's all I could think of after reading your list and then, "and not pay more than $300" ......."PROBLEM" laughing1 :flipoff1:

From my searching, good gauges cost crazy ass money. I have some cheaper gauges in my stuff and took 2 temp gauges back until I got one that friggin worked. Frustrating.

Post what you find out, as I know you will
Kelly

I just settled on Autometer "around the face" illumination Sport Comps. They're the cheapest Autometers they had and the back-lit illumination is what causes the price to jump so much. I still spent $400 though.

Anyone got a good discount code for Summit? I'm about to dump a ****-ton of money there and don't want to do it without a discount.

If Cyberdyne could make a ****ing product within 4 months of order this wouldn't even be an issue. I liked the old $112 Summit special digital gauges that I used on my last rig but they dont' make a speedo and fuel pressure gauge to match.

J. J.

I would call Speedway before you order and talk to a Tech, bypass the sales guy. I have had better luck with them than Summit and usually save some $$$. And I have spent a stupid amount of money this year with them.

How many of you guys use Day Motorsports?

I have started using them almost exclusively. Smaller co. (hell I think they are almost mom&pop) nearly same parts as summit jegs and AWESOME on the phone service, quicker delivery IMO. http://www.daymotorsports.com/

Speedway is good for some stuff just like Jegs or Summit. Speedway definately has it cornered in hotrod parts though.

Even though you already bought Autometers, I'll tell you what I did because I was looking for about the same thing.

After many hours of research I decided to go with VDO gauges for my rig. I run their Vision line which is designed for marine applications. They are black face gauges with black bezels like you say you are looking for. So far they have been accurate and reliable, and the literature on VDO's site led me to believe that they are equally or more moisture resistant than Autometers. I think most people run Autometers just because they are quality gauges and very few people are aware there's anything else out there that isn't Sunpro or some other junk.

heepr said:
Even though you already bought Autometers, I'll tell you what I did because I was looking for about the same thing.

After many hours of research I decided to go with VDO gauges for my rig. I run their Vision line which is designed for marine applications. They are black face gauges with black bezels like you say you are looking for. So far they have been accurate and reliable, and the literature on VDO's site led me to believe that they are equally or more moisture resistant than Autometers. I think most people run Autometers just because they are quality gauges and very few people are aware there's anything else out there that isn't Sunpro or some other junk.

I haven't "bought" the autometers yet. They are currently in my shopping cart on Summitracing.com. I'm trying to hold out on my huge purchase until I find a discount code. How much did you pay?

J. J.

i bought some autometer gauges recently and like you i couldn't find a set that had the 4 guages that i wanted, sucks........ after i did a ton of searching i found the best price on amazon with free shipping too