• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I need a hand

Set up correctly, you should be getting good life out of the Yukons; we've had real good luck with them.

You are fairly close to me, get that 3rd up to Centralia and I'll take a good look at it for you. If you want to bring your housing up we can check that too.

this sounds like a good start!!! my yota was a dd when i got it! locked front&rear with 35's and 5.29s...you could tell it was set up for awhile.. i drove the piss out of it... down to evens creek ,and back more then once.trips to reiter. still drove to work. never had a gear fail me...
i also never changed the fluid for about 2 years...when i opened the diff up to weld the gears the teeth on the geras,and pinion still looked new.
mine was also sittin on lift blocks at first so i dont think the block,and axle wrap is problem!!
either the set up is not perfect,or something is bent..

Went to see Tim today and it was just a poor setup to start with,for a small fee I will be on the road and good to go.
Thanks Tim for taking the time with me to day and I have two other third members that are good to go, I'll just need you to stuff them with the 529's when I can get them.

what keeps happing to them???? over heat,broken teeth??? is the pinion pointed up and you cant get enough oil in it???

When first looking at it and talking with Arlee, it sounded like he was running crush sleeves and loosing preload. He had said the pinion was loose and had to tighten the yoke nut by 1/4 turn and restake it.

We pulled the diff apart and found a factory crush sleeve and no shims. We slapped it back together and torqued up the yoke nut and of course it locked everything up. So from the look of it, whoever put this diff together set the pinion preload by tightening the yoke nut and then staked the pin nut to hold it. The crush sleeve was doing nothing but playing pinball in there.

BTW- Also found mismatched bearing caps, so guessing the same guy who did the set-up was responsible for that too.

Edit: Thanks for stopping in Arlee, glad to help out.