• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

i think im going to be sick, just ate goat

COPPERHEAD42

Ok I work with this old mexican dude, nice but don't speak english that well. Anyway a couple of times he has brought in food and wanted me to try it, I don't want to be rude so I normally do, even though he about killed me one night with some kind of spice. Well today he asked me to try this meat so again not wanting to be rude I do. It tastes like :eek: so I figured I better ask him what it is and sure enough its goat meat. Then as I'm eating it trying to be nice and barely getting it down he tells me about his dad in mexico cutting up goats and skinning them. O I thought I was going to throw up. And by the way I'm the type of person that does not try things, I get the same thing everytime I go to resturants. Just thought I would sure my goat eating experence. Ha

imarockfan said:
Do you eat deer(venison)? :eat: Goats & deer are very close relatives. :eat:
I normally find deer meat terrible. We always butcher a hog per 2 deer and grind it all together. Deer is much gamier than goat yes? goats don't exactly run for a living most of the time.

Travis is not lying on the "try nothing new" thing. we went to subway, he got turkey and mayo on white. ..........like that's it. nothing else. been doing every time for like 9 years, nothing different. I get everything but onion and green pepper, I don't want them to be able to close that sandwich.
:woody:

The Mexicans buy the Goats and Chickens at Flea Markets to take home and cook. I have been around some people that BBQed Goat before and like you tryed it, but I do not care for it. Be safe and go to a restaurant and order Lamb Chops, they are good.

Deer is good if cooked right. I do not eat it because I do not seem to cook it right. People eat different things in different Country's.... How about some Monkey Brains and you set at the table with your own hammer and the Monkey's head is sticking up in the middle and cannot move. After you and your guests hammer it to death, you eat the brains while it is still warm. :eat:

Eating brains part 1

blacksheep10 said:
we went to subway, he got turkey and mayo on white. ..........like that's it. nothing else. been doing every time for like 9 years, nothing different. I get everything but onion and green pepper, I don't want them to be able to close that sandwich.
:woody:
that is exactly what i eat except with lettuce.

as for the goat thing... no thanks... but i do love to eat a leg of lamb. tastes like pot roast.

My mexicans had a BbQ one night and invited me to come over to their house and eat goat. Anything made of meat I'll eat or atleast try. I got there early to get drunk and I was the only one there. In about 15 minutes about five cars pulled up and without exagerating I was amongst about 75 mexicans. They dug up the fire pit, that I was try to relight, and pulled out a Galvanized wash tub full of meat. The goat was very tender and pretty good. At the bottom of the tub it looked like bloody water. I asked whats that? "the goat's blood"?. Their replay "no thats soup". By this time, it was kinda dark and they poored me a bowl of Goat soup with I think gonzo beans in it. I ate it and it wasn't too bad , but no lie I think I pulled a piece of the hip bone out of my soup. Then they gave me these leafy things, with something rolled up inside of em. Well I thought I've ate no telling what part of a goat so why not. I stomached it pretty well to. The night went good, but the next day I was kinda sick and had a metal taste in my mouth all day.

blacksheep10 said:
I normally find deer meat terrible. We always butcher a hog per 2 deer and grind it all together. Deer is much gamier than goat yes? goats don't exactly run for a living most of the time.

I've found that 90% of the way a deer tastes depends on how it was killed,the other 10% is what they have been eating.
If you shoot one and it never even twitches again versus it running off,you can tell a BIG difference.

Maybe the deer I had down here had been running, but the goat was like a old leather shoe so whats up with the goat?

COPPERHEAD42 said:
I have not felt good all day, I dont know if I should blame it on the goat though :D

Did it look anything like this. :eat: :eat: :eat: MMMMMMMM GOOOD GOOOOOAT

[attachment deleted by admin]