• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

If it broke, it was due for an upgrade anyways, right?

It's running like 27psi of boost max, and a full custom PCM tune from DuramaxTuner, which like Jeff says, adds timing and changes a bunch of other stuff too. I was kinda surprised they blew too, as it's a fairly mild tune, but I DO drive like an asshole. Upgrade now and I don't have to worry about it while towing to Moab, races all over the Nevada desert, and Baja. :D

I know we haven't even met yet, and I probably sound creepy right now, but that sounds good just leave an open seat for me to ride biatch? good job sounds like you got your priorities straight. DO IT UP! just do a build thread to give me ideas for when I have to do mine:awesomework:

Extreme 4x4 this weekend was building a duramax with chromo H beam rods, forged pistons, arp studs, gaskets, ported LBZ heads, manifolds, twins, methanol, EFI Live, and 963 HP 1600+ TQ, and 65 PSI.

I'd be tempted to do some upgrades while i had it all apart like that:stirpot:

Extreme 4x4 this weekend was building a duramax with chromo H beam rods, forged pistons, arp studs, gaskets, ported LBZ heads, manifolds, twins, methanol, EFI Live, and 963 HP 1600+ TQ, and 65 PSI.

i saw that episode too. it was a good one!:awesomework:

D'Mitri was here in the Bonney Lake/Buckley area a couple weeks back. I would have loved to check out his dmax.. over 1700 on the rollers, and he drives it all over the country to events. Those dmax's can be some incredible powerplants!

Seen that one. Kinda cool watching the turbo blow on the dyno. and that motor was only around $10,000 into the "rebuild" :booo:

With money, anything can

So far, no other cummins or powerstroke has done quite what D'mitri has.. They've made the power, but they're track only sled pullers.. And I know one of the powerstroke boys has over 100k into his motor alone. So it's certainly not a lack of money..

So far, no other cummins or powerstroke has done quite what D'mitri has.. They've made the power, but they're track only sled pullers.. And I know one of the powerstroke boys has over 100k into his motor alone. So it's certainly not a lack of money..
$100K on a truck motor? You must have his picture in your bedroom.

one of the fun things with a vg turbo, close down the exhaust so they spool up fast.... drive presure go's thru the roof... ive heard 3:1 ratios arnt uncomon... ie: 30psi boost=90psi drive presure...

I heard the 6.0 was designed for head stubs, but ford didn't want to have the cost go up, so they went with Bolts. Dee de deee.

Also, studs in oil doesn't give nearly as accurate reading as the goo the studs come with. And, it doesn't go on the threads, but the mating surface.

Woooo!!!!!

It's running like 27psi of boost max, and a full custom PCM tune from DuramaxTuner, which like Jeff says, adds timing and changes a bunch of other stuff too. I was kinda surprised they blew too, as it's a fairly mild tune, but I DO drive like an asshole. Upgrade now and I don't have to worry about it while towing to Moab, races all over the Nevada desert, and Baja. :D
OK TECH time......

What upgrades are you doing while you're in there??

What indicated to you that the head gaskets were burping??

My LLY just seems to be a little doggy as of late. Still gets down the road fine, but it just feels a little down. Surges off and on at idle (been told thats the FPR), 2-stroke oil at fill ups seems to help with that. Stinks a little but doesn't really smoke. REALLY getting tired of the turbo and tranny lag in traffic, but I don't think thats a motor issue.

Someone give me some things to look for so I can head things off before I'm down a truck waiting for time and $ to fix....

wish my millage was better as well, but even though we have freeways all over, I would classify it as more "city" driving all the time :haha:

I heard the 6.0 was designed for head stubs, but ford didn't want to have the cost go up, so they went with Bolts. Dee de deee.

Sounds like a myth to me. If International intended the 6.0 to have head studs then there would be head studs on the International used 6.0's.

OK TECH time......

What upgrades are you doing while you're in there??

What indicated to you that the head gaskets were burping??

My LLY just seems to be a little doggy as of late. Still gets down the road fine, but it just feels a little down. Surges off and on at idle (been told thats the FPR), 2-stroke oil at fill ups seems to help with that. Stinks a little but doesn't really smoke. REALLY getting tired of the turbo and tranny lag in traffic, but I don't think thats a motor issue.

Someone give me some things to look for so I can head things off before I'm down a truck waiting for time and $ to fix....

wish my millage was better as well, but even though we have freeways all over, I would classify it as more "city" driving all the time :haha:

Have somebody diagnose/look at it. DO NOT take any guess's with this motor..