• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

If we had a local privet owned ORV park would you pay and use it

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I looked into this a few years ago the price of insurance is what steered me away from it. But if you could get quite a bit of local support it could work. and yes if there was one around I would definately pay to get in as long as the facilities are better that the ones Gregoir is providing now and lots of kickass trails. If it would last the first few years without failing then it wouldnt have any trouble sticking around and actually making some money, I would just worry about greenies driving court cost up and insurance at 20-30k a year

Depends, really......

Maybe. Maybe not.

If the (real) question is "would I like to see someone seriously pursue opening an ORV park"? My answer is an enthusiastic YES!

Yes. If it's his other land that I think it is it would be able to support plenty of trails and other things.

From what I heard before thru the grapevine it's deffinatly not the challenge site

as far as paying to wheel the same thing over and over i wouldnt, but if there was a resonable priced yearly membership id pay.

as far as paying to wheel the same thing over and over i wouldnt, but if there was a resonable priced yearly membership id pay.

I'm just wondering but what would be the difference ? We didn't pay to wheel reiter but everyone went and nobody complained about running the same trails time and time again. I don't see why if the fee was resonable it would be such a deal breaker to people ?

I'm just wondering but what would be the difference ? We didn't pay to wheel reiter but everyone went and nobody complained about running the same trails time and time again. I don't see why if the fee was resonable it would be such a deal breaker to people ?

as long as the fee is reasonable yeah, but for those who might wheel there more than others like a few times a week or if we wanted to just go put around for an hour or two, it would suck to have to pay the same each time. same reason you can buy a season pass for a ski area. If you only go once or twice a month then i wouldnt buy a pass. Also the members could be responsible for new ideas and or trail building.

I think there is a bit of jumping the gun here. Lets wait till this proposed park is open before we concern our selves with fee's, usage amount, etc.

IF it sucked, no one will go......If it's the ****, we'll all be waiting in line to pay.

I think there is a bit of jumping the gun here. Lets wait till this proposed park is open before we concern our selves with fee's, usage amount, etc.

IF it sucked, no one will go......If it's the ****, we'll all be waiting in line to pay.

This summs it up well.:cheer:

i agree. if it sucks i wont bother but if its fun i am all over it.

I think this is the exact input they're looking for. If you go into a business proposition because you think it's cool with no numbers that make it work, you're an idiot.

I would pay an ok amount if the area was worth it. Its a long drive for me but if its cool then:awesomework:. Day and year pass would be good. Maybe get a shop or two to help with the cost and be able to set up there banners or what not. Set up runs/ fund raisers to help cover any gap in cost. Alot of the mags would be willing to come out and run it to write about it and that (if it is worth it) would get alot of people out to wheel it.

I think this is the exact input they're looking for. If you go into a business proposition because you think it's cool with no numbers that make it work, you're an idiot.

I believe whomever this "investor" is, they/he knows there is a demand.

Does anyone think there is not a demand? would be my question......:eeek:

I'm more concerned if there would be night wheeling? If there would be over-night parking / camping? These types of things concern ME. Not the self-dreamed-up fees that were being discussed.

What if it was only $3.50?:D

and how much do you think is a fair price and would you take care of it

And....and......to answer the OP question. What is fair, what is regionally affordable and what is needed for profit are different $$$.

Here is how I would figure the cost of day use/seasonal use fees:

Take all the other fee based ORV parks in the US, gather all their respective fees, do a simple average of numberer's and start from there.

Anyone want to do this? then we can have a real discussion.:cool:

If it were me I would plan on charging $25 per day per person to keep liabilities low. Get a estimate of how many people might use it in a year and do some 2nd grade math to see if it would be sustainable.....
But that's just me.

Get a estimate of how many people might use it in a year.....

(this would DNR, maybe PNW4WDA?, obtained info only)

Take the estimated monthly usage from 01/2009 - 11/2009(Reiter's closure) for Elbe, Evans, Tahuya, Walker, Reiter. Then take the estimated usage for each from 11/2009 - to the current date. You would see an influx of usage (this has been confirmed by discussions with DNR reps) That influx is "non local" users, using another ORV area. This influx could easily be considered for travel to this new ORV site. And there are many more users to be considered........double?

Last edited:
If there was good family camping and an RC area, that could expand the market. Lots of people with kids that need safe places to run around and ride bikes etc.

If done, get ready to babysit the public. Were a bunch of idiots :cheer:

Latest posts