• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ignition switch panels?

Pineygroveoffroad said:
Thanks for the advice Brian hopefully my **** will be wired up this week!

We'll have to go to pump jack the Saturday after thanksgiving and try ky out. Weather permitting.

Re:

Buying one just doesn't seem worth it to me... at the end you have 10 dollars (maybe) worth of parts, that you paid well over a sensible amount for

Re: Re: Re:

twizt3dfuc said:
Buying one just doesn't seem worth it to me... at the end you have 10 dollars (maybe) worth of parts, that you paid well over a sensible amount for
I see you haven't priced switches and stuff lately...

Yep if you buy quality parts and don't have some crazy good connection on parts you end up with $200 after switches, breakers/fuses, and lights.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:

TBItoy said:
I see you haven't priced switches and stuff lately...
On the contrary, I just know where to look.
f691813055c57c507c7da705601b2e0f.jpg

Heavy duty switch direct from manufacturer. Same thing american companies get and automatically do a mark up on
Of course thats just an example, but yeah the stuff can be had cheap.

Even at $3.33 a switch after you buy 6 switches, 6 indicator lights, push button start, material for panel or drill current dash etc you might save $10. I just thinks it's easier to get it all together pre made but that's just my opinion, I've tried to buy good parts for this build instead of being a tightwad like I did my last buggy so I just wanted a nice switch panel, but I'd say you could save some money getting thru the sight you listed.

Re: Re: Re: Ignition switch panels?

Pineygroveoffroad said:
Even at $3.33 a switch after you buy 6 switches, 6 indicator lights, push button start, material for panel or drill current dash etc you might save $10. I just thinks it's easier to get it all together pre made but that's just my opinion, I've tried to buy good parts for this build instead of being a tightwad like I did my last buggy so I just wanted a nice switch panel, but I'd say you could save some money getting thru the sight you listed.
That was 3.33 per 2 but I get what you're saying.

I opted to use the marine breakers in mine and my buddy's buggies.
I just figured its less stuff to need to carry if there's ever a problem.