• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I'll give you a tip !!!!!

H

hayitsray

Do y'all tip at Sonic ? I most the time just tell them to keep the change don't really give the a 15-30% tip but just wondering what others do :driving:

I try to give a dollar or two. I used to date a girl that worked at sonic when I was younger and I never realized they made tips until then. I had never even considered it, but she said that's how they make any money at all. Otherwise its just minimum wage, which back then was like 4.75.

No idea about sonic but the whole tip thing confuses me. If I'm eating at a restaurant and have a waiter or waitress, sure thing, I have no problem tipping. But I hate picking up food to go at restaurants or bars and paying with a card. The receipt always has a place for a tip. I just don't feel that them handing me my food is tip worthy. That'd be like tipping at the drive through window at burger king. I write $0 in the tip spot but I feel like they're not too happy about it .

Beerj said:
No idea about sonic but the whole tip thing confuses me. If I'm eating at a restaurant and have a waiter or waitress, sure thing, I have no problem tipping. But I hate picking up food to go at restaurants or bars and paying with a card. The receipt always has a place for a tip. I just don't feel that them handing me my food is tip worthy. That'd be like tipping at the drive through window at burger king. I write $0 in the tip spot but I feel like they're not too happy about it .

Same here. I never tip at a curbside pickup. And at Sonic, I give $1, $2 if they're on skates.

Re:

When I go I Credit card it like Nick said......but the tipping thing is a large portion why I do not go there much.

Most of the time I go there just to get like a slush or a milkshake or something and I feel real guilty about tipping them like 15 or 20 cents... so its a awkward position. Do I tip that amount or tip nothing?

They've got some good boneless parmasion wings!

Re:

This makes me feel better.....figured i was jus being a cheap ass.

I'm so cheap that I feel guilty about tipping the pizza delivery guy. I mean that's his job that's what he does he deliver the pizza. I mean if I'm given a side project at work and I complete it I don't get any tip or bonus from that. That's my job that's what I do.

It ranks up there with the perfect attendance bonus. Why am I giving you a bonus for doing what you're supposed to do?

Sonic car hops are paid minimum wage, not 2.15 like waitresses, which proves to me that you are not supposed to tip them. **** no I will not give you money for bringing me my food, which I would have gladly gotten myself if I could. And to tip them just for bringing you a tray when you don't even know what kind of service or food quality you are actually going to get is dumb as hell

Re:

No wait let me back up a little bit... if the chick has an outstanding ass or some super nice titties I think I would throw a dollar that way.

But don't get me wrong that **** has to be pretty epic not just some random regular stuff that you see everyday.

Re:

tonybolton said:
No wait let me back up a little bit... if the chick has an outstanding ass or some super nice titties I think I would throw a dollar that way.

But don't get me wrong that **** has to be pretty epic not just some random regular stuff that you see everyday.

Do not do this, believe it or not, sometimes ass & titties just ain't worth it! The girls that work there are called Sonic Sluts for a reason.... My Ex-Wife worked at Sonic :****:

Re:

tonybolton said:
It ranks up there with the perfect attendance bonus. Why am I giving you a bonus for doing what you're supposed to do?

Don't even get me started on this one... Something else that was supposed to "inspire" people to come to work (I thought that was your paycheck) that has turned into an entitlement...

Re: Re:

muddinmetal said:
Do not do this, believe it or not, sometimes ass & titties just ain't worth it! The girls that work there are called Sonic Sluts for a reason.... My Ex-Wife worked at Sonic :****:
I hearya man....that's why I said they gotta be epic. T and A is everywhere but if they're gonna do kneeless bend to pick up **** and rest those double D's on my door....they may jus pry that extra 3 quarters outa my hand.

Re: I'll give you a tip !!!!!

df9ab9edb7badfe54cf6098617baa8cb.jpg

My daughter, worked for Sonic here in Murfreesboro, TN. at several locations during high school and college(as recently as 6 months ago). The car hops here only make $3.00 an hour so I always tip them. Some of them pay a little extra if you skate.

I was actually just thinking about this as I payed for my BBQ. Pay at the counter, stand there until your food is ready, seat yourself and get your own drinks. Why do they have a place for tips on the receipt?

Re: Re: I'll give you a tip !!!!!

85toyo said:
I was actually just thinking about this as I payed for my BBQ. Pay at the counter, stand there until your food is ready, seat yourself and get your own drinks. Why do they have a place for tips on the receipt?
Doesn't cost anything to ask.....some people let their guilt get to them and don't wanna be "that guy" so they'll toss a dollar down there.

If they get just 10 people to do that per day.... Multiply that by 365 days times number of operating facilities..... Free money in someone's pocket. :-*