• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Im having jetering problems

Brian H

Ever since i put the r2 tranny in Im having a jeter problem. Im running a jr racing z270 servo for the disconnect.....a jr racing xs3 radio and receiver and a rooster crawler speed controller. What is causing this?

It is probably the Rooster since you added another servo, If you have the manual for your radio, then look up "dead band" If you make the dead band farther apart, more % of this between Forward and Reverse, then you should get rid of you glitching problems.

It's is hard to explain this with out really showing you if you are not to familiar with RC radios.

It is probably the Rooster since you added another servo, If you have the manual for your radio, then look up "dead band" If you make the dead band farther apart, more % of this between Forward and Reverse, then you should get rid of you glitching problems.

It's is hard to explain this with out really showing you if you are not to familiar with RC radios.

Can you set the dead band on a rooster like you can my goat then?

I would think the BEC would be ok with that ESC to handle 2 servo's

Can you set the dead band on a rooster like you can my goat then?

I would think the BEC would be ok with that ESC to handle 2 servo's

You can set the dead band width on a radio like Brian has, also on both of my radios too. The bec is fine, he is just getting some extra signal feed back through the servos.

Like was also mentioned, a brushed motor had to be capped too, I should of asked that also.

Most of the glitching that can happen with a Rooster crawler esc can be settled own by opening up the dead band width.

Hope this isn't your problem, but....

I had an ECS that started acting really, really, weird... just before it died. (brushed motor Novac EVX)

On Rcrawler Im getting people telling me to move my reciever away from the tranny/motor.

I changed it...mr moderator from over here told me it was a nono. :booo:

But that other guy started it.

lay off the caffine. itll help with the jeters!! if your rig is glitchin, try movin the reciever away from the esc and motor:fawkdancesmiley:

How much backlash did you have on your pinion on the r2 to motor? One thing I found with the 32t stuff you wanna give it a lil backlash

also like doug said---increase your deadband...

How much backlash did you have on your pinion on the r2 to motor? One thing I found with the 32t stuff you wanna give it a lil backlash

also like doug said---increase your deadband...

I looked through my book and it didnt say anything in there about dead band.

what about on the rooster esc?

I can adjust my deadband on my novak goat....

Im not sure how to go about doing that on the rooster. I didnt get any paper work with it when i bought the crawler. Oh and i set the backlash just a little loose.