• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Paint Problems?

yota8

Ok so I got a rc car and was screwing around with it by painting it. Well I wet sanded it with 320g then whiped off all the dust. Then I primered it, stuck it in the garage, waited like 2-3 hours then put on a coat of orange paint. The paint was comming out all crapy and just pudleing up everywhere. So I stopped and decided to just let it dry and wet sand it again the the morning. So I waited, wet sanded it and it was still tacky cause it was in the cold garage. So then i put on another coat of primer after wet sanding it and now the orange is comming thru the friggen primer. Any help please? Im painting plastic...

:awesomework:

its way too cold to paint. the paint will never cure properly sitting in the garage.

x2 on the temps, if you must paint now get a radiant heater and make sure everything is good and warm. (keep the paint and body inside until you are ready to paint). Paint everything, then place next to the heater. I have a oil filled radiant heater that I use, then throw a welding tarp over it to keep the heat near the body.

try that.

other then that, what type of paint are you using?

You've got a paint problem.....either you're using crap paint or the primer and paint are not compatible with each other....
Rattle can or airbrush????
Cold cans will spray horrible....so submerge 'em in warm water for awhile to warm 'em up...

If it's one of those clear plastic body's?? Your suppose to paint the inside...:haha:

wet sanding a RC :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

EDIT: for spelling:flipoff:

Last edited:
If it's one of those clear plastic body's?? Your suppose to paint the inside...:haha:

wet sanding a RC :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

EDIT: for spelling:flipoff:

Cold cans will spray horrible....so submerge 'em in warm water for awhile to warm 'em up...

I put them in the sink with running warm water for about 5 min. Be sure to blow the can off with an air hose so you dont drip water in the paint.

Its crap i gatta redo it but its just a lil rc i bought at walyworld I would like to make it 4wd... and just use the body...

IMG00064.jpg

IMG00065.jpg

IMG00066.jpg

Used to look like this...

1388827_raw.jpg