• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Impressed by TG Knuckles

Jay Luke

Just received my new 6 shooter steering knuckles from TG. I am impressed at the extra beef and machining of these parts. The knuckles were literally the last 25+ year old factory Toyota part on my front axle. Wasn't "too" surprised when I blew one off last wknd. I will still be running the Marlin Crawler hysteer arms with the 26mm chromoly pivot pins and super strength trunnion bearings. (when I blew the knuckle off. These parts were unscathed!) I won't be utilizing all six ARP studs....But at least I have 4 spares on the truck at all times. I will post up if I regret this setup in any way. The only other option I'd consider is the 6 Shooter steering arms with TG's eliminator kit. Honestly I have NO idea which is better. But I am pushing the envelope of finding out:beer:

Jay Luke they are well designed. Marlin took a lot of time to get that **** right. :;

$ didn't you know that ball joints are where queers hang out? :flipoff:

Trail Gear Six Shooter knuckes are machined wrong. The Spindle surface in relation to the trunion bearings is off about 3 degrees. The 6 tapered holes on the high steer arms are also machined at the wrong angle. Most people dont know and dont care.

Trail Gear Six Shooter knuckes are machined wrong. The Spindle surface in relation to the trunion bearings is off about 3 degrees. The 6 tapered holes on the high steer arms are also machined at the wrong angle. Most people dont know and dont care.

Please cite proof and how you determined this.

Otherwise its just hearsay from a person that is known to hate trail gear.

Please cite proof and how you determined this.

Otherwise its just hearsay from a person that is known to hate trail gear.

I dont hate Trail Gear, I dislike the quaility of the parts they sell. They could build and sell great products but they choose a higher profit margin instead.

On the high steer arms you can see the witness marks from the cones after they have been ran for a while, the cones only contact about half of the taper in the arms. I found the knuckles are machined wrong when I aligned them with a knuckle alignment tool.

I dont hate Trail Gear, I dislike the quaility of the parts they sell. They could build and sell great products but they choose a higher profit margin instead.

On the high steer arms you can see the witness marks from the cones after they have been ran for a while, the cones only contact about half of the taper in the arms. I found the knuckles are machined wrong when I aligned them with a knuckle alignment tool.

How many samples have you checked?

The one thing I've seen happen with a few of them is the pin shears off. I think a stock one with a fifth stud is best and alot cheaper. Or I saw somewhere on pirate someone made there's double shear.

How many samples have you checked?

Just the pair I bought from Trail Gear. I used the "jafa" alignment tool and if you search on Pirate, alot of guys setting up Six Shooter knuckles have problems, but no one else has realized why.

If you are always off pavement and run Marlin inner seals it is not a big deal.

Last edited: