• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

index?

beatDR

Ok so the index road is closed I hear there's another way around? Dose anyone know the logging roads or fs roads out there or check em out lately?

with a road closed sign. what are you? slow?

nope... Just wondering how its legal to close 1 of only 2 way's into a town like that? isnt that road there emergency entrance/exit? I can understand temporary closer for construction tho..

What road exactly are you talking about? :scratchhead:

Reiter Rd was closed the other day for construction where it has been getting washed away. Or are you talking about the Idex-Galena Rd? It was washed away several years ago and closed.

webindex283.jpg

webindex370.jpg

Apparantely it hasn't been fixed yet and is being discussed here ->
http://www.co.snohomish.wa.us/documents/Departments/Public_Works/Roads/Programs/NLIndexGalena.pdf

yeah that's what I'm talking about there's some cool logging roads out there I used to like to explore and some good hiking. Is there a way to get around? There was a cool spot aways down take a left over a bridge and it splits and a cabin out to the left and a great hike to the right I never got to fully explore eather way. You know where I'm talking about?

beatDR.....you're not going to get a "current" answer. With storm damage to roadways and temporary closure needs related to the "Reiter Rehabilitation", you need to drive out there to see it for yourself. Think of it as a last/first Reiter run.

There is/was and always will be stuff going on at/around Reiter.

And with most peoples misunderstanding of the area, name references and overall geography will further complicate asking a bunch of web wheelers "What's up with (fullintheblank)?

Thank you. :whip::D

yeah I know but it's quite a ways from reiter and I'm pritty sure there isn't/wasin't a conecting route from the pits but I thought maybe a way from the town of index? or farther E on hwy2? I thought if it has been closed for 3years? someone might have found a way around thats the only way out to that area I know of and there's a lot of stuff out there lots of land/trails whatnot lost.

If you're looking for other places to wheel around Reiter......prepare to be disappointed.:booo: Depending on your definition of "wheeling".

not really, I was more interested in whats going on in a spacific area. I was talking to a buddy about it and thought I'd ask around. Not much "wheeling" in the area I speak of, more just exploring. But if it's got some good snow it's a differant story.

If you find some totally badazz secret-squirl snow wheeling spot......let us all know.:awesomework::redneck:

well back in the day it was pritty sweet I could never get to far in my bronco (stock 32" a/t's) or my sami (stock street tires) but now that it's on 31" tsl's and locked I could probubly do better if it's even possable to get to the general area.

last time i was up in that area (april this year) there was some good wheelin and got stuck in 4 feet of snow. there is a road to the right just before the "K" rails/conctete barrers that goes up quite aways.

If you find some totally badazz secret-squirl snow wheeling spot......let us all know.:awesomework::redneck:

Mark..You do mean thru Pm's!!! RIGHT!!:eeek:

Last thing wheelers need is somebody blabber mouthing another "Rad spot" on the net so it can get closed down just like Reiter did:eeek:....

Mark..You do mean thru Pm's!!! RIGHT!!:eeek:

Last thing wheelers need is somebody blabber mouthing another "Rad spot" on the net so it can get closed down just like Reiter did:eeek:....

Yeah, but that took more than 2 or 3 decades to get closed, so the new spot should be good for at least 4 as they try and figure out what to do with Reiter over the next 10 years :awesomework: