• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Interco trailer tires

I've had a set of those trailer tires for a few years now and have been very happy with them. I'd guess I have 8-10k miles on them now. I'd wear out a set of china tires in 2 - 3 years, can't even see the wear on these interco's so far. No dry rot/cracks/etc.

redneckengineered said:
Total. I'm all for buying good tires. But in this case the trailer is a pile of **** and the tires on it are a bigger pile of ****. If we can put a set of new decent tires on it for $200 plus shipping (if it's reasonable), I'm calling that a win.
come buy this 101 wide Buggy trailer we just got in,,I know it breaks the $200 buget but it's red and will match. Or we have a black one to match the GMC :dblthumb:

Whew, had a blowout on the gooseneck today on the way to the race!

Me and Mo we're actually talking about this thread and I look over at 70-75mph and see my tire rolling next to us :eek:

What's crazy is, I never would have known but the car in the lane next to us got over real quick and it caught my eye, then I saw what left of the tire rolling next to us. Didn't hear it/feel it blow or anything. Scary.

redneckengineered said:
I started running the Maxxis M8008 on my trailer a few months ago after getting fed up....

I've also had very good experience with Maxxis D-Rated trailer tires.

On 15" tires I run Gladiator tires, They are china but I've had better luck from them than the American Cooper trailer tire. When it comes to 16", I run Goodyear G614. pricey as hell but you cant hurt them. I tried a 16" china on one trailer I don't run much, they are 14ply like the Goodyear but half price, so far they not too bad

Should be easy to dismount the old tire :rolf:

And upon further inspection, I almost had a reallll bad day yesterday..
the other awesome looking tire in front of that one is just a junky spare we threw on to finish the trip

anyways, what trailer tires are you guys running on your goosenecks? I'm buying all new tires + 2 spare tire/wheels

Re:

I have been carrying 2 spares for years, loosing a tire in Harlan on a Sunday morning made me re-think the single spare thing.

Re:

mdo817 said:
I have been carrying 2 spares for years, loosing a tire in Harlan on a Sunday morning made me re-think the single spare thing.

I hear ya, I'm usually the guy rolling around looking like a used tire salesman.. better safe than sorry

Eddyj said:
If you already have 16 inch rims, do yourself a favor and buy load range E truck tires.

they are 16s, the ones I am/was running are E load range only rated for like 27-2800lbs, I was pretty disappointed when I saw that

Not saying you can't get good trailer tires however truck tires are built much better in general. Plus usually rated for more weight.

Never bought them from Walmart. Usually you can find them $140ish but I'm usually buying 6 at a time for duellies or triple axle trailers.
Any truck tire is better than trailer tires. Me and my family have had good luck with transforce both on duellies and trailers. I'm sure other tires are just as good, firestones are just available almost everywhere. So I can keep some what matching tires on equipment.

Latest posts