• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Interior Cage~Pros And Cons?~

Flexy Backhand

something cool?
has anyone on here ever fabbed and interior cage on a rig that wasnt just* for trails/wheeling?
This 79 chev I have is gonna be a DD/weekend warrior/hunting/you get the idea. Anyways Im gonna be building some bumpers with the help of my Cousins welder and bender, and was mulling over the thought of a interior cage...I always have wanted one for some reason,although I would most likely never need it, i always thought it would be a good addition to the safety of a taller rig which this is and will be...

any thoughts on this? has anyone ever had a vehicle with a cage that didnt "really" need it??

My only concern is the whole having room factor?:eeek:

if it's on a fullsize chebby, you shouldnt have an issue, I would mainly be concerned with first off it being built proper so as NOt to kill you in an accident, but also, you'll want to make it to where it's easy to get in and out with out climbing, for example, your hip bar, maybe make it sit really low or not put one in... search the google for cages... get some mo' idears :awesomework:

yea my cuz will be doing most of the fab work honestly... I can weld and stuff decent enuff but hes the certified one..lol..
I just learned hes going to saudi Arabia for 5 years to be a welder..:cool: