• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

intro from Bear of WT 4x4 magazine & the Pink Pistol build

wt4x4Bear

Wasted Trails 4x4 magazine
Hello, I'm Bear, Publisher of Wasted Trails 4x4 magazine, a Non-Profit helping Cancer patients in need. Bear's Quest 4 Rest, Inc. owns the magazine and it's Mission is to fill a 501c3 Fund with 100k, ( that will never be used, only the interest & profit will be used each year). The Magazine has started a Buggy build called the "Pink Pistol", it will be used to promote the magazine by competing in the ARC, SRRS, and WEROCK racing series and eventually the Ultra4 series. Allow me to share with you all on how this all came to be, I have been doing 4x4 Charity Fund raising since the early 2000's, a few years back I was diagnosed with HgG, Hypogammaglobulinimia, a blood Cancer that will eventually take down my immune system. BQ4R,INC. was born, the 501c3 Fund set up and I was off, being a 4x4 Journalist for many years, I set out in my 87' Comanche and wrote about my adventures for Offroad Adventures in a monthly column, depositing those payments into the Fund.
It wasn't going fast enough for me, so I began WT4x4 mag. last March and published the 1st issue in May. I cover the expenses of the magazine & web site from my disability income, never taking a cent of what comes into the non-profit, neither do the Journalists that help each month with the great articles and photos, not why we all do this.
This past November, my eldest Son of 25, passed away. He was unexpectedly home from his Truck driving job, borrowed my car to go to Town and do his laundry, fell asleep at a friend's house and never woke up. 6 weeks later we were told he had coronary artery disease. To this day, the thought of him gone drains me. I am an ole' hillbilly and had been using the magazine as my "therapy" to deal with my Cancer and it works, but, wasn't enough with Doug passing. I decided to do the "Pink Pistol" build to bring awareness to all types of Cancer, while promoting the magazine.
I have donated my home to the Bear's Quest 4 Rest Inc, State Non-Profit, as I am moving to a smaller apt., it will be rented out with those monies going into it and the equity used to secure the "nuts & bolts" of this build.
To the Build: Green Country Offroad in OK. is the builder for this project, and thus far we have secured the following Sponsors, Weld wheels, tires from Forbes tire service, RCV, MJ Motorsports,(engine builder), Dana for gears & lockers, Bull Dog lighting, Twisted Stitches seats, Simpson, ISP seats, TMR, Bill Baird, Auto Cycle powder coating, J.R. Rigging, Elite Metal Designs, Pro Fender shocks, and Micro Armor fluid additives.
There will be 2 Lady Drivers to make up the Magazine's Racing Team for this Buggy, one competing in the ARC & SRRS series and the other will compete in the WEROCK series next year and eventually the Ultra4 Series. I have one driver and am awaiting confirmation on the 2nd, before making the Official announcement.
We are a long ways from completion, many things still are needed and we are taking donations/Sponsorships for this build and its 1st Racing Season. We have set up a Pink Pistol page on the magazine web site and there is a paypal button there for cash donations. Those who wish to Sponsor the build with parts/services, will be included in each months build article and will receive ad space, (size depends on the Sponsorship), with a link to your web site. The magazine is free to download and read each month, so follow the build as it takes flight with completion being in the Spring. Thanks everyone for listening to my story and the magazine's build of the "Pink Pistol". Bear

http://www.wastedtrails4x4magazine.com/
https://www.facebook.com/WastedTrails4x4Magazine?skip_nax_wizard=true#
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wasted-Trails-4x4-magzines-Pink-Pistol-Rock-CrawlerBouncer-Build/499744906826587?skip_nax_wizard=true&ref_type=sitefooter

Thanks Ty, and Thank you Redneck Lighting. expanding on letting folks know about what we do and this new magazine Buggy project. It has come a log way in the past 2 months, as Sponsors have joined the build. There was a misconception that this build was for one individual, which it is not, it will be owned by the Non-Profit and campaigned to represent the magazine and help spread awareness and raise donations for the 501c3 Fund that we use to help Cancer patients in need. We are going to also have it make appearances at "Kids with Special Needs" events, to introduce them to the 4x4 World & what better way than a huge Pink Buggy), I have been using the adversity in my life to help others while I still can, I love to write and I love to wheel, can't wheel that much anymore, but, I can write about it. I have been so very Blessed for this Build, and we have a few "positive things" coming up, that I am busy at work on.

Latest posts