• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Iroks or TSL's

auburnaviator

What is everyones preference. I'm between either the 14/42-17 bias Irok or the 15/42-17 bias TSL. What would you go with and why would you choose that tire? Just fyi it's going on a stretched CJ-5 D60 front D70 rear if that matters on your decission making.

TSL if you need em to last for awhile. Ive heard of a few iroks chunking and having "weak" sidewalls. No first hand experience with them though.

Iroks work better all around, TSLs last longer. If you get the Iroks get the bias or you will have sidewall failures pretty quick. My .02:;

Pretty much what everybody else said. I've run both... 36x13.50 bias Iroks and currently 36x12.50 bias TSL's. The Iroks have a little bit more flexible (weak?) sidewall. I never tore any sidewalls though. The TSL's are a heavy pig of a tire, but they're pretty tough tires. I drove out of the rock garden to my trailer on a completely flat, unseated bead on one of my TSL's (bent the rim good) and the tire is still in fine shape...

Whatever you do, don't get the radial Iroks unless you never take your rig on the trail, or you really like tearing sidewalls. :rolleyes:

I'm going bias ply guys no matter what, it's a trailer queen.

Good deal, I missed that part on the OP. I don't think you can go wrong with either tire really. I liked both. My Iroks wore out fast, but I drove my rig on the street a lot with a spooled rear end when I had them, so take that for what it's worth. The TSL's seem to be lasting longer even with some street use, plus they seem to have a lot more material to cut out when they get worn down a ways and you want to groove them up.

Iroks work better all around, TSLs last longer. If you get the Iroks get the bias or you will have sidewall failures pretty quick. My .02:;

x2 exactly my experience with the Irok vs TSL (and I hope everyone knows by now that Intercos radials blow sidewalls way to easy)

not sure why you guys are having problems with the Irok Radials, i have had mine for 4 years, pretty much ran the piss out of them, multiple passes through the Busy, Reider, ect and never had a problem. love'em and will probably replace with the same thing after next trip through Moab this Aug.

not sure why you guys are having problems with the Irok Radials, i have had mine for 4 years, pretty much ran the piss out of them, multiple passes through the Busy, Reider, ect and never had a problem. love'em and will probably replace with the same thing after next trip through Moab this Aug.

Same here I have run a radial set of Iroks on my fullsize 77 ford, my 77 jeep and now my yota. . . they work great and I have never torn a single wall in 2yrs of using them:awesomework:

Trashing the sidewalls of a radial tire while wheelin all depends on where and how you wheel.

What works for some will not work for others.

General experience tells us, as wheelers, radial sidewalls are more likely to fail than a bias.

so your saying i am not a wheeler???? LOL

I don't think anyone would suggest that.

We all know some people that can break a steel ball in a rubber room. We also know people that have made a Dana 35 survive in the harshest terrain. Some people are harder on equipment than others even though they wheel the same places.

Just ask Robin about Radial irok sidewalls.... :haha:

I ws running those same size tire 41x14 Irok radial and was showing off my rig to my brother in law by driving up my rti ramp and then up the tree behind it in my front yard. Ripped a three finger hole in the sidewall on the corner of the ramp coming back down! I couldn't believe it, not even a sharp point and tore the piss outta that tire. I've never had a sidewall problem with the bias tire, not to say it doesn't happen (ask crash) but I haven't had a problem.

so your saying i am not a wheeler???? LOL

My sig line says it all :awesomework:

But as you seem to have issues with reading comprehension...no where in my post did I say that anyone was not a wheeler.

I really hope this helped you out.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Jobless, i think it is you that needs Reading Dynamics. see the "LOL" on the end of my message . that usually infers a person is joking ...... just like i am now...... loosen the grip strips on your diperroos and dont be so tense...

again i am saying this with "LOL"

Jobless, i think it is you that needs Reading Dynamics. see the "LOL" on the end of my message . that usually infers a person is joking ...... just like i am now...... loosen the grip strips on your diperroos and dont be so tense...

again i am saying this with "LOL"

duh...I saw it :rolleyes:

What fun would it be if I decided to do nothing based on the "LOL" though
?

No entertainment in that.