• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired JD's UTV TIRE SME thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sold!!!!! 29.5" SuperATV Terminators on 14" STI wheels $500

Just my nature, I try to learn all I can about everything I am involved with and then try to share what I know to help others. If you've never been wrong about anything, you've never tried hard enough.

I assure you, anyone that talks about me behind my back, whether it be you or anyone else on here, don't mean **** to me. So next time yer in a circle jerk of people with nothing better to do than talk **** about me, be sure and inform them, none of their opinions of me make 2 ****s to Josh Dean. thumb.gif

Can't please everyone, there's always gonna be somebody that don't like you...for whatever reason it may be. So you can keep making fun of my schooling, rental property interests, whatever else, etc. For every 1 motherfucker that ventures out and accomplishes something, there's 5 motherfuckers that talked **** about him before he got it done. Will I accomplish as much as half the successful people on here? Probably not. Will I try? Absolutely.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
I used to like you, but you've become quite the douche recently. :flipgotcha:

As for tire rubbing, I have the exact same unit....mine, WITH SHORTER TIRES and no lift rubbed my front bumper, so I know his will. Not when turning, when going straight and hitting dips, bumps, crossing ditches, etc. Unless all he is planning on doing is driving around his front yard all day.

To eliminate rubbing, he will either have to add a small lift, crank shock preload up, or possibly moving shocks to outter holes to firm up the ride, but I'm not sure if that last option would be enough to prevent rubbing it with 31's. Didn't read that on the internet.....firsthand experience. :flipoff1:

Pretty funny because I haven't heard any rubbing unless my tires were turned at full lock! And I've had it in the creek on hills and all around my house :****: and mines a big block not a small block :flipgotcha:

But yea it may get a small lift I haven't decided yet tire rubbing doesn't really bother me, hell it doesn't get rode on many trails mainly on farm land around house and hunting club not like it's a real big deal either way

My whole concern about yours not rubbing was merely to figure out why yours wouldn't rub and mine would. It wouldn't do it all the time, riding around the house, it never would. One day in an offroad park, different story. Rubbed what seemed like every 15 minutes of the day. Then I put the 2.5" MMA lift on and never have rubbed again.

The only difference between mine and your machine bumper to bumper is engine and transmission. There are different springrates available in different Ranger models, but I think that may be mainly between crews and non crews to compensate for the added weight of the crews. Like the shocks I bought from Gizmo, they are heavier springrates and came off his crew. I bought them as backups for when my shocks wear out like oem polaris standard shocks are known to do after a few years. Other than that, if you are just riding around your house, that's likely why you haven't rubbed your bumper yet. And you are right, it wasn't a big deal, never meant for it to be a big deal. It was just boggling my mind as to why I had so many problems rubbing with tires that measure 29" pre-lift and yours supposedly ain't rubbing with 31" truck tires on it. Just didn't add up, so it sparked my curiosity.

Re: Re: JD's UTV TIRE SME thread!

TacomaJD said:
My whole concern about yours not rubbing was merely to figure out why yours wouldn't rub and mine would.

Cuz yer fat!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Put a dana 50 under the front, that should fix any clearance issues.
They were very common in 2002 f250's so it should be an easy find.
You can thank me later

Re: JD's UTV TIRE SME thread!

Tacoma JD
I HAVE A 2014 Ranger XP 900
What's the biggest tire I can go with without lift ?
dfb5721a8f5811f235cebe90512d2785.jpg
153a7d8492cf0a2a26be993414f95305.jpg
08942abbf67a23f6078ef9e18c03a23f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

True 27's, or some 28's that measure short and actually measure 27 or just a fuzz bigger. Small bracket lift should allow you to run 28's, or do a small lift and forward arms and you can completely clear 30-31's no problem. Or do no lift and forward arms like B. Drake has and you can fully clear 28-29, or a little bigger with minor rubbing.

Long as you lift around 2-3", your axles will still remain within safe operating angles. I have the 2.5" Marshall Motoart lift, SuperATV forward arms, and 30's that measure 29". No rubbing at all. Some prefer full a arm kits like the Outkast and such, but for almost half the price, you can do forward arms and MMA lift for under $500 and retain a factory soft ride. I definitely do not suggest going with a Highlifter bracket lift. They are upper mounted bracket lifts and orient the shocks in a more straight up and down position, which kills the ride. I bought one, put it on, went on one ride, came home and took it back off and ordered the MMA lift - restored my soft ride. The MMA lift (lower bracket lift), and I think Dragonfire Racing makes an upper bracket lift that lets you leave the shocks mounted inward at the top, are the only 2 bracket lifts I know of that retain factory ride quality.

Re:

And that's a sharp machine btw. I love those factory 12" LE rims. The ITP Blackwater Evo tire is 8 ply, light, and made in numerous sizes for 12" rims, up to 30". Most tires get scarce in sizes for 12" rims above 28's.

Thanks for the info.
I sold my maverick didn't have time to ride a lot but got Ranger to use at the hunting club and ride when I can
I miss the ground clearance
53360ecc876d54956c567b913fd66685.jpg
4953059250406493a1dcea14ade7d1ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a bad unit! Small lift, arched forward front arms, and 30's and you will have the ground clearance back!

114a85f4e3b126bf726ebf0586a03e84.jpg

Also, to save your rocker panels, the Ricochet sliders are pretty awesome for the money. Think I gave $160 on whomoto.com. Aluminum, but they are sturdy as hell. I wish I had bought them the day I brought mine home. Instead, I trashed my rockers pretty bad before I finally broke down and bought them. Lol

2dc46542964336816859b6ff140d1b2e.jpg

01c55595077b11c603b453d72426a8c3.jpg

891cae7751791af2f74acd8c02d153a0.jpg

Then made some mud guards to keep mud from slinging in and piling up on top of the sliders.

f3e53d1b0e2b00a9cd596953820cd6e6.jpg

e1376cefff5f22e1db7d17be5e267eaa.jpg

And lastly, one of my buddies cuts 11 ga. steel skid plates for them for only $200. They work with the sliders. Cheapest way to get a full skid. He is located in Rainsville, AL if you are close enough for that to be a practical drive.

d28db582c1e561558252ec67024bc06f.jpg

390cdcf4dfae9519dcd313119fa7627c.jpg

Re:

No sir, stock as can be other than suspension. Will still run 53 on flat road and mine is a 570, so you won't have a problem turning 30's. I was really surprised at how little the bigger tires affected power.

Tuscaloosa is about 2.5-3 hours south of Rainsville. Pm me if you are interested in a skid and I will give you the guy's number.

TacomaJD said:
Just my nature, I try to learn all I can about everything I am involved with and then try to share what I know to help others. If you've never been wrong about anything, you've never tried hard enough.

I assure you, anyone that talks about me behind my back, whether it be you or anyone else on here, don't mean **** to me. So next time yer in a circle jerk of people with nothing better to do than talk **** about me, be sure and inform them, none of their opinions of me make 2 ****s to Josh Dean. thumb.gif

Can't please everyone, there's always gonna be somebody that don't like you...for whatever reason it may be. So you can keep making fun of my schooling, rental property interests, whatever else, etc. For every 1 motherfucker that ventures out and accomplishes something, there's 5 motherfuckers that talked **** about him before he got it done. Will I accomplish as much as half the successful people on here? Probably not. Will I try? Absolutely.

Ha funny how people don't like it when you give your knowledge on stuff you have researched, that's why I don't give two shits about commenting on much here anymore! Basically good luck ****ers have a good time at school!

al1tonyota said:
Ha funny how people don't like it when you give your knowledge on stuff you have researched, that's why I don't give two shits about commenting on much here anymore! Basically good luck ****ers have a good time at school!

The first mistake was thinking I gave a **** about what others think about me! Especially if the motherfuckers running their suck don't even know me in real life! Everybody's cooler on the internet! :spin:

Status
Not open for further replies.