• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired JD's UTV TIRE SME thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
al1tonyota said:
Ha funny how people don't like it when you give your knowledge on stuff you have researched, that's why I don't give two shits about commenting on much here anymore! Basically good luck ****ers have a good time at school!

Not real sure if you are referring to me or not on this thread :dunno:

JD
DID YOU USE YOUR FACTORY BUSHINGS AND BALL JOINTS IN THE NEW A ARMS OR BUY THE ONES FROM SUPERLIFT ?

Re:

Easy on the cap lock Rhino....All caps means you are yelling....In 2002 it did @ least

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

Not yelling just like the way they look and to not a pro typer just a one finger key pecker sorry

When yall installed the a arms did you use the steering rack bump stops to limit steering travel ?

Re:

JRich has the 30" Roctanes on his Ranger crew with same arms and lift as me and they measure a little over 30". They look good, and big lol.

I used my steering stops. It definitely limits turning a little bit, but small price to pay (in my opinion) to keep from oversteering and snapping an axle. Ackerman angle is changed up when the tires are moved forward and it allows it to steer farther than it could when stock. Lots don't use them and fare ok without them, but I'd rather not have to worry about it when I'm out dickin around like "oh, I better watch out turning in reverse, I will break an axle." Put the stops in, give it hell lock to lock, no worries. Its just personal preference, really.

Also yes, my machine was new, only had a couple rides on it before I installed forward arms and lift. So my balljoints and bushings were still practically new. With the SuperATV forward arm, the upper arms utilize their adjustable camber balljoint, so you only have to reuse your lower balljoints and can keep your top ones for backups. Hammer all 4 out and pick the tightest 2 to put back in the new arms. Or order 2 new ones when you order a arms, up to you. The SATV forward arms also come with new extended tie rod ends to install.

If you order anything from SuperATV, try discount code "rzrforums" to see if they still giving 10% off. My forward arms were originally $299, then $269 after discount.

I will post some pics of Jrich's machine on 30" Roctanes, hang on.

Re: JD's UTV TIRE SME thread!

I'm pretty sure all of these pics are with 1" wheel spacers on all 4 corners too.

3442f7d2a520e01832798209025a8a70.jpg

c0c0731edbaa5b2128e4fa648d84324d.jpg

8aada23a5d96152463be317c468adc21.jpg

7adf59e8fdc9b5021de214b6ec5bb090.jpg

The Roctanes are over an inch taller than my 30" Motoclaws but his crew looks like it may sit a fuzz lower than mine regarding lift, probably due to weight and possible spring sag, here is a side shot of mine for comparison. Not a huge difference though, regardless.

4db9c24c954b8fd99bad19e1ef131bab.jpg

287cd7dedbc2bc5a66394aea545308c3.jpg

And those wheels we are running are the STI HD5 beadlocks, cheapest beadlock and still looks good. Or at least they were the cheapest when I was looking for beadlocks last year. Ordered them from KJ Motorsports, wheels and tires.

Re: Re: JD's UTV TIRE SME thread!

RHINO660 said:
Not yelling just like the way they look and to not a pro typer just a one finger key pecker sorry
Not mad at all....Keep pecking away with good questions.

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

WILL I BE ABLE TO RUN 30'' ROCKTAINS WITH THE MARSHALL MOTARD 2.5 '' LIFT AND SUPER ATV ARMS .WITHOUT WHEEL SPACERS ? GOT THE LIFT AND ARMS COMING

Seriously... 86 the all caps typing... It SUCKS for us to read....
Punctuation and correct capitalization are your friends. (edit) thumb.gif

Re:

Yes, thats whats on Jrich's ranger. He just put the spacers on for the hell of it. You will clear any 30's fine with that setup.

Yall bitch about some petty ****. Keep on keepin on Rhino, all caps never hurt nobody!

You will need to drill a hole to properly mount the MMA brackets on the front SATV a arms, see pics below and let me know if you have questions. I picked up two bolts and lock nuts from Lowes to put in the holes. The extra bolt keeps the bracket from moving.

b181a05f5801723718b367efc09ae6e7.jpg

36485dc7c807c3d3cdf2cee2170b0e3c.jpg

096cce852d0cf4b219bfdcf2664a9605.jpg

Thanks for the info got everything on the way except bushings superatv was out of stock I will get some off eBay
I will send some Pic's when it's done
You saved me some trial and error

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.