• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

jeep help

blackman

hey im working on a 88 jeep with the 4 liter in it it drove into the shop i pulled the engine and replaced it with a HO one and now it will not start... im not getting spark and have power to coil and distributor... replaced CPS .... but everything else is from the original motor... any ideas?

the HO was a auto and the old motor was a manual so i used to orignal flywheel

The renix flywheels/flexplates have different markings on them and the CPS wont read the other style. This might be your issue, anyone confirm? I believe crash had a problem with this on a build he did...

If you're using the HO CPS and the Renix flywheel, that's your problem. You need an HO flywheel.

More details would help. Did you swap all the Renix intake/electronics onto an HO block, or are you actually converting the '88 to use the HO electronics?

i used all the oringial (for the 88) intake/sensors/wireing/flywheel and cps.. on the bare HO block. also i have a good firewall ground

THE ONLY H.O. PART IS THE BLOCK IT SELF..
thanks

The renix flywheels/flexplates have different markings on them and the CPS wont read the other style. This might be your issue, anyone confirm? I believe crash had a problem with this on a build he did...

yes--yes I did. And when you compare both flywheel types--you can see a big difference...

but that should not be my problem because i am using a flywheel and cps that are from the same vehicle correct?

Yeah, that's not the problem. If you swapped all the RENIX stuff onto the HO block then you're good there.

I'm out of ideas. All the 4.0 Jeeps I've ever owned have run great with the exception of CPS problems. :D

maybe a bad coil wire also take you distributer cap off and see if it is turning when you crank the engine over?

Damnit, misread that. hahahaha

Are you using the original crankshaft position sensor bolts? They're a special shouldered bolt and if not the airgap for CPS will be off.

i am using the original shouldered cps bolts. have not checked fuel pressure but can smell fuel when cranking and can hear the fuel pump turn on with key...