• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

JK Owners...MattO

Friend girl just bought a new one...I like it for cruising around town, but dont see it as more than a camper/light wheeler. I wouldn't want to take one on too hard of a trail; I know people do, but theyre expensive, the body is more complicated and more expensive to fix, and have to be a lot heavier.

I live in Iowa, it will never get wheeled and it will drink the gas, so driving it to EJS to hang with the other yuppie ****** :tc is out laughing1

Got a 2012 auto, it gets 21.5 back and forth to work and 22.5 cruising at 70...have gotten up to 24

Of course this is with stock tires,
love the removable front hard top
New V6 has decent power in stock form

Bones said:
That's my thoughts as well, but why has it been for sale since December if it's such a great buy?

bc everybodys broke these days... it should get better than 12mpg my 2 door gets that in town and 15-16 hwy and iv got 37s and stock 3.73s

race_jeep said:
Just buy it, then you can sell it to me in a couple of years :tc
I don't have Mercedes $$ like you so son!

Yeah I have looked over that build thread a few times. If it could pull 20 on the hwy I'd be happy, I don't rack on miles, under 10K/yr for the most part.

B Gillespie said:
Keep the shitty Vitty.
Vicky the Vicious Vitara is 12 years old and needs tires, shocks, exhaust yesterday. I know it's better to keep what I have and a $1000 in repairs is cheaper than 2 payments, etc. I hate thinking logically in my old age dammit! It'd make sense if I was sentimentally attached to it, but most days I would like to see it wrapped around a telephone pole and ride a bicycle to work. laughing1