• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

JK's.....

Most of the comments of them being piles are 100% correct, when referring to 2011 and prior models. If you do this, absolutely positively without a doubt get the 2012+. You get the updated interior, better 3.6 motor, 5 speed auto, etc. Unless you HAVE to roll it into financing, save yourself the cash and DON'T buy a Rubicon. The $5k price difference can buy a ton of parts that are way better/stronger than the factory crap. Buy a Sport, put good shafts in the rear, build a RockJock or ProRock 44 front, lock front and rear and they're awesome all around drivers, wheelers, get out and play and **** like that. You're not gonna run hardcore **** without a ton of money spent but that goes for anything. My 4DR ran most of Evans, everything around Naches, Walker, and all over Moab with no issues.

John

When is the JK replacement being released? Or, is it already out?

Dealer can start placing orders like next May/June for a late summer delivery. I've got my deposit down. :D The truck and diesel versions that are supposedly happening will likely be another year down the road.

One of our club members has a JK with every bolt on doomaflunky you can get and it still sucks to wheel. He just built a '85 runner so he could actually have fun wheeling.

As do I when we were playing follow the leader on that Crawl Mag Reiter run. IIRC you day ended early.:haha:

Yep hung with the big rigs with a SUA YJ on 35"s,5 speed, Dana 30 and Ford 8.8, They winched, I winched, I made every obstacle you guys did and didn't. Until My piss poor spotter (Mike P) said "just wood it" then I hear "Oh ****" and Pop. Good job Spotter:flipoff:

Where's Brierer, He remembers when I ran a certain trail at Evans. Yep Hung with them too. :stirpot:

Most of the comments of them being piles are 100% correct, when referring to 2011 and prior models. If you do this, absolutely positively without a doubt get the 2012+. You get the updated interior, better 3.6 motor, 5 speed auto, etc. Unless you HAVE to roll it into financing, save yourself the cash and DON'T buy a Rubicon. The $5k price difference can buy a ton of parts that are way better/stronger than the factory crap. Buy a Sport, put good shafts in the rear, build a RockJock or ProRock 44 front, lock front and rear and they're awesome all around drivers, wheelers, get out and play and **** like that. You're not gonna run hardcore **** without a ton of money spent but that goes for anything. My 4DR ran most of Evans, everything around Naches, Walker, and all over Moab with no issues.

John

Now thats an idea. I could order it built by Northridge. Just pick out a newer one and build it. :awesomework:

When is the JK replacement being released? Or, is it already out?

Dealer can start placing orders like next May/June for a late summer delivery. I've got my deposit down. :D The truck and diesel versions that are supposedly happening will likely be another year down the road.

Man I have been so out of the loop I haven't heard about it. Maybe I'll just wait.

Yep hung with the big rigs with a SUA YJ on 35"s,5 speed, Dana 30 and Ford 8.8, They winched, I winched, I made every obstacle you guys did and didn't. Until My piss poor spotter (Mike P) said "just wood it" then I hear "Oh ****" and Pop. Good job Spotter:flipoff:

Where's Brierer, He remembers when I ran a certain trail at Evans. Yep Hung with them too. :stirpot:
That's not how I remember it sucka. Plus it's never my fault, lol. When you buy your parts at KMART they don't last, plus we didn't get to the good stuff before your **** scattered all over the trail. Techically you followed the big boys, but follow the leader was not within rigs capabilities. :fawkdancesmiley: #whatwashethinking

My 3.6 liter has way more power than either of my 4.0's ever had. Time will tell if they have the same reliability.

A whopping 8500. Just bought it with 7500 on it. Popped its wheeling cherry last weekend. It's way more capable than my ZJ, XJ, or TJ ever where. And my XJ was on bias Swampers, locked front and rear (and I didn't care about bouncing it off trees). Plus the JK will do 80+ on the freeway smooth as silk. I've had it just over 2 weeks and I'm still smiling every day because of it!
Just installed some LoD rock sliders today and waiting on the bumper to mount my 8274...