• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

JohnG Health Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a point to go to John's camp at Dixie Run 2015, just to introduce myself and thank him for hosting hardline. Condolences to his family and loved ones. Hate I never had the opportunity to ride a trail with him.

RIP John G.

Matt

Damn. Just damn.

My prayers go out to his family and friends. I regret that I never had the opportunity to meet him and shake his hand.

RIP John G.

I know I done commented about how bad this lose hurts.

I cant help but remembering how hard I laughed at John heckling rfreynolds at Grayrock for Ryan tryin to take left handed threads off going the wrong way. Man it was so funny. John was older than most of us but still just one of the guys. Gosh i will miss him poking fun at me about turning my rig over at Hardline rides. He was the best wich operater ever. Good luck cracking on him and him not completely turning it around. I also did my best not to get behind him on trails made me look like complete newb. He was a joy to be around.

RIP John. You were an inspiration to so many of us even though we never actually met. You will be missed out on the trails.

Prayers for his family. I only had a few conversations with John G but still thought a lot of him with everything he did here and the knowledge he shared. He will be missed by many.

Re: Re: JohnG Health Issues

kmcminn said:
I know I done commented about how bad this lose hurts.

I cant help but remembering how hard I laughed at John heckling rfreynolds at Grayrock for Ryan tryin to take left handed threads off going the wrong way. Man it was so funny. John was older than most of us but still just one of the guys. Gosh i will miss him poking fun at me about turning my rig over at Hardline rides. He was the best wich operater ever. Good luck cracking on him and him not completely turning it around. I also did my best not to get behind him on trails made me look like complete newb. He was a joy to be around.
X2! First time I ever met the man, I was hammered drunk and knocked over 3 jars of his moonshine at Mountainside orp. I will never forget that night, that was about 6 yrs ago. Many great wheeling memories with him. He was so involved, a lot seemed to revolve around him. Now it's going to seem like there will always be something missing on the trails.

Never met him but seemed to be a well respected stand up guy. Prayers for his family

Great guy to be around. Met him when I was 16 or 17. Walked right up to him and started a convo about his jeepcj he had then. He took the time to talk to me and we chatted for a bit. A really stand up guy every time we talked. He will be missed.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
I just read of news I did not want to hear of for a very long time. This is a post from JohnG's daughter on his Facebook page. RIP buddy, no more pain and suffering...

"It is with a very heavy heart, Dad went to be with the Lord this morning. He was an amazingly strong and humble man that will be missed by so many. Thank you for everyone's continued visits and words. You don't know how much it has helped him the last few months. We love you all."

Dammit man.....dammit.

sad to hear. thoughts go out to his family :(

Re:

John was someone I would call a good friend. To me, that is a lot, because I may be social, but don't have a lot of people I let in close. He was great at mentoring, great at being blatantly honest and I always enjoyed his take on life in general.

This outpouring of thoughts and prayers for the family does not go unnoticed. Every thought and prayer is appreciated and I hope in the coming months it will continue.

I would like to wait for a bit, to start a new thread with a favorite memory of John. I have a few, but would love to hear some of the other stories of him embarrassing you on a trail or just conversations at the campfire.

Till then, rest peacefully JohnG.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Met him twice, very nice guy that treated me like I was somebody even though he didn't even know me. Thoughts and prayers!!

Never met him in person but I've asked him about a billion questions via PM. Answered all of them, no matter how small or dumb they were. Super good guy. RIP. Condolences to his family.

My condolences to his friends and family. R.I.P. John. :'(

Cancer sucks!!!

Known John for probably 10 years and always had the same fear of him most folks did. I could beat my rig like a step child and he would crawl that trail and just laugh at us kids. Cool guy and we always looked at him as the most experienced and talented driver. This is a huge loss to the sport and HL. It was good knowing John. That said, one last comment. ,All you guys here who's lives he inspired in some way think about this, John proclaimed Jesus as his savior and Lord, that means we are the only ones suffering now, John is at complete peace and with God now. So i hope that inspires anyone else to do the same if you don't know Christ as your savior, He did and I hope that moves others to do the same.

I havnt been on here in a few days....this was the last thing I thought I would see. Didn't realize how close it was for him. Never got the chance to meet him other than here and sending p.m. back and forth. I'm sure he will be badly missed by the ones that were closest to him.
He took time to console me when we lost the baby, meant a lot, even though I personally didn't know him at all.
Prayers for the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.