• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

JohnG Health Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never officially got to meet John. I did run into him a few years back at Morris mtn. We were watching all the buggies play on v notch and here comes this old dude in a single seat buggy wearing a purple helmet and just crawls it. He gets to the top parks and walks back to where we were and looks at this guy who had beat the **** out of his rig a few minutes before and straight faced says "what's the problem?" A few years later I found hardline and put two and two together who he was. Wish like hell I'd talk to him then. Thoughts and prayers for his family and friends.

Prayers go out to his family. Super nice guy the couple times I was able to be around him on the trails. He is in a better place than all of us right now! RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP JOHN G !! I never got to meet u personally, but was a big help and always there..I hope we can do a benefit ride n the near future

I was shocked to read this, he seemed so positive in his post that I assumed he was healing but was just having some complications. Such a shame. How old was John and how long had he been fighting this.

Elliott said:
I was shocked to read this, he seemed so positive in his post that I assumed he was healing but was just having some complications. Such a shame. How old was John and how long had he been fighting this.

I believe John was 59ish? Looking back at his both post it looks they found the lung stuff around Aug 25th.

i sure wil miss sensei. hes the only person I've ever met that loved riding as much as I do. I could always count on him to go ride when no one else would. And he knew no matter how broke I was or what I had going on I was down to ride also. I'm still thankin God for letting mr John come into my life when he did. There will never be another John G. I love and miss you mr John.

Awesome post Casey. John looked out for you, I could tell the couple of times I rode with you. You are truely lucky to have John as a mentor.

Matt O. said:
Sad day. John G was a legend in the community. He was an original Hardline member and I don't think he ever missed a ride or gathering. Who knows how many hours he spent moderating this forum and managing the HC online home. He was always willing to help out in any way he could. I will miss wheeling with him but glad he no longer has to suffer.

I am so thankful that I spent the day wheelin with him back in April. It was a blast and even though we had not seen each other in years, it was just like old times. I spotted him up a crazy line that only he could pull off. I regret not visiting him when he was sick, but I know I will see him again one day.

I am very glad I was able to go with ya'll that day. It was indeed a great day of wheeling, and remember thinking to myself "this is just like the old days of wheeling". Maybe it's cause we brought our lunch and took a lunch break on the trail, maybe it's because there were only four rigs, maybe it's cause we drove to the trails, wheeled, then drove back home. I don't know. But I will always remember that day.

Please let me know if I can help in any way with the site and forum. I'm in no way JohnG, but I did kinda end up being his tech-guy when he would break his innernets.

I was initially taking solace by knowing John's no longer in pain. But as the days go by, I find my eyes starting to fill up and my nose start to run. Damn, I miss that dude and have already found myself needing so much damn RV advice that only he was willing to help with. He absolutely would not rest until he found an answer. He was a very vital part of my "Living in Birmingham" experience. These days, weeks, months and even years are definitely going to suck without him and his wisdom.

As many of you know, It get's no better than John G. NONE. He lived his life for Nan, Joy and his friends and wheeling. His job was just a facade to allow him the time to do what he loved most., Life. John did things the way he wanted, and you know what, I did things just to be like John. I knew his way of doing something was usually better than the hacked up way I was go about whatever the task was. He was ALWAYS there for me, and always had a kind word to speak of. John approached every situation with the utmost intellect which had an intimidating edge to it, but if you knew him like I did, it was purely out of curiosity and past experiences that drove him to getting the final answer to the puzzle. HE was truly the Sensei of many things Casey, not just an administrator with more diplomacy than any presidential candidate, but a true Guru of life. I could only hope that for the remainder of my life, to live it with the spirit and intestinal fortitude that Mr. John G did. I loved him like a brother and will miss him more than he would have ever known. John truly is in a better place at the moment, but I cannot wait to catch up with him someday just so he can tell me about wheeling in Heaven. :indianajones:

Heard this sad news early Friday morning out at MM. Decided to wheel like hell all weekend, think he would've wanted us to do just that. Got my junk up some obstacles its never been up this weekend.
I know John was with us all, pulling for clean lines and laughing at us when we took a dumb line. What a great man, and a huge loss to this community. RIP John, hope to wheel with you in heaven someday.

Thanks to all that came to John's service yesterday. I know he loved seeing us all wearing purple and driving 30+ rigs to his graveside. It was a great tribute to him, his family, his friends, and his passion for rockcrawling.

We are going to close this thread and start a new thread for everyone to post their memories and the good times they shared with John G.

Status
Not open for further replies.