• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Knuckle rebuild?

wentz912

Who sells the better knuckle rebuild kit? I don't feel like spending the $170 that Marlin wants for theirs because i don't feel like I need the wheel bearings. and then All Pro has theirs for 90. should I go with the AP since I've heard lots of bad stories about TG trunion bearings being shitty.

Hi all:

X 2 on buying from Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters! :D

That said, MarlinCrawler also has good parts.

You will not know what parts you truly need until you tear-apart those front knuckles. Having everything there, ready for use is nice, helps the project get completed in a timely manner. Ask me how i know! :redneck: :booo: :mad:

Good luck!

Alan

you can order most kits without wheel bearings..
i use trailgear! still havent had their shitty product leave me stranded.. but i also wheel a toyota,and am smart enough to carry spare parts...

Do you want to take that chance that your wheel bearings are ok? You may get in there, and find out you have a bad bearing or two; then it's off to the local parts store for bearings--granted this does help the local economy somewhat, but if there's a good deal on a complete service kit--I say order...
Me? I usually order the knuckle kits without the wheel bearings, and buy the bearings as needed from Napa, or whoever's got what I need!:redneck:

I'm kinda looking at this the same way you are Kev, I've got a local parts house here in town that I like for the really common, stuff, but they don't do some of the specialty stuff that guys like us trash. Anybody ever have any problem with non-Koyo or whatever is OEM wheel bearings?

I've got Napa's in my rig (NSK, or whatever they had in the lil green box at that time!:redneck:) Haven't had an issue with mine at all!