• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KOH Southern rigs

When yiu go and start calling your jeep or buggy a car,your getting away from the hobby or sport that I've enjoyed here in the southeast for the past 20 years ,just saying.

Here's a car:

22_DaimlerChrysler_Deliberates_Bringing_Smart_Car_To_The_United_States.jpg

If that's what you're saying you have, fine by me.

J. J.

454tbacon said:
When yiu go and start calling your jeep or buggy a car,your getting away from the hobby or sport that I've enjoyed here in the southeast for the past 20 years ,just saying.

Truer words could not be spoken.

J. J.

I went to king of the hammers to see for myself and in my opinion a southern rig would not make it in the fast stuff.. but they would own your ass in the rocks...... we definitely could not compete to win in a southern rig, but I am taking mine next year to ride and have fun before koh.

I went last year and plan on going next year. As you would expect, we were in our own in the rocks but the desert was just brutal. I think we hit 40MPH once and I was sure we were going to lose our kidneys.
I hope coilovers,bumps and resivior shocks up front help but really not going to tune a 5500lb 4 seater trail buggy for the desert anyway. We volunteered as a checkpoint in the race and it was a blast. Wheeled our asses off all week and still only covered about half of the trails we wanted to. it is hard to explain how VAST the place is. The plan is to spend the whole week out there again and help out where we can.
Backdoor,
th_backdoor_clip.jpg

Sunbonnet,
DSCF0090.jpg

Dont even know what these dunes were called but they were a blast to play on,
P2090719.jpg

Volunteering,
P2120131.jpg

DAMN godevil......that one pic of youre rig on the sanddune mountain is INCREDIBLE , thats the kinda photos I been wantin to see from out there , WAY TO GO MAN :dblthumb:

were you guys at the bottom of Martel last year when we went up? there is an old burned out truck down there past that checkpoint. If so, you gave us gatorades after we lost a shaft adn were out of the race. That's funny you put up the pic of DSI. For having airs of pompous ass, he is a nice ****ing guy that can be fun to hang around.

We were checkpoint 9,you had to take a 90* right turn at us to head up Martel. We tried to get you to take a beer, you looked like you both could use one, but the gatoraids had to suffice.
We were supprised by the responses of the cars coming thru the checkpoint. Some were a blank stare just waiting for a sticker. One yelled at us cause his engine shut off??? One stopped his car,shut down his rig took off his helmet and shook our hands for our time.
I can honestly say that running that checkpoint was the highlight of the trip. I was a little worried we would find it, Martel is about as far as you could be from Hammertown.
They gave us the coordinates an hour before race start ,I plugged it in and we were 2 hours away and we were boogy'n along pretty well trying to close that gap knowing full well I had no clue where I was going. We heard the race start over the radio and still were 45 min from the waypoint. For 45 minutes I felt like we were racin the whole pack and were going to be "those" guys that f'ed up the whole race by not being on post. When we got to the waypoint there was nothing there. I ran around in circles for a couple of minutes make sure the GPS wasn't lying to me.
It all worked out perfectly. It was another hour or so before the first cars showed up, my heart needed the workout anyway.
D