• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

landcruiser?

With time and money almost anything can be capable off-road.
The less money you spend on the original purchase the more you can spend on the build. No matter what you get, wheelin ain't cheap.

very tru! thats why im gonna wait for a good deal. hopefully a landcruiser cuz they are confortable and have plenty of room. also i herd they r pretty strong and capible machines. thanks for everything guys.

Dear 5-0-9 Wheeler;
I tend to disagree with the statement that 40 series is a hassle because it's not IF you are able to find in great shape to begin with. The LWB TLCs are simply not as up to the task of serious 4 wheeling IMVHO.

Also, only in the North American market did Toyota switch to IFS starting with the 1986 year model. For the rest of the world, Toyota didn't switch over to IFS until the 1997 year model, with 1996 being an either/or (optional) year. My 1996 Hi-Lux has a solid front diff under it along with the factory SOA. It's one rough riding rig but strong as an anvil, so it's a trade-off.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Dear 5-0-9 Wheeler;
I tend to disagree with the statement that 40 series is a hassle because it's not IF you are able to find in great shape to begin with. The LWB TLCs are simply not as up to the task of serious 4 wheeling IMVHO.

Also, only in the North American market did Toyota switch to IFS starting with the 1986 year model. For the rest of the world, Toyota didn't switch over to IFS until the 1997 year model, with 1996 being an either/or (optional) year. My 1996 Hi-Lux has a solid front diff under it along with the factory SOA. It's one rough riding rig but strong as an anvil, so it's a trade-off.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Lamar your hilux sounds like a neat truck! could you take a couple pics of it for me, I would love to see it, thanks.

Dear megatoy66;
How about I save the trouble and just describe it to you instead? It's a 1996 dark blue 4 door, short bed, with the 2L diesel engine, solid diffs, factory SOA, bed liner, light grey interior, no heater or AC. The body is completely straight and it's minus the rear bumper at the moment. Thanx for your enquiry, my friend!
Your friend;
LAMAR

Dear megatoy66;
How about I save the trouble and just describe it to you instead? It's a 1996 dark blue 4 door, short bed, with the 2L diesel engine, solid diffs, factory SOA, bed liner, light grey interior, no heater or AC. The body is completely straight and it's minus the rear bumper at the moment. Thanx for your enquiry, my friend!
Your friend;
LAMAR

Sounds like a neat truck! Could you take a couple pics? I would love to see it. :awesomework:

Dear 5-0-9 Wheeler;
Here's the breakdown on FJ40 manually locking hubs;
OEM (Aisin) Spendy, low profile, great hub, tend to leak grease as they wear
Warn-Generally constructed from brass and aluminum,tend to stick when they get old
Superwinch-Generally constructed from aluminum, tend to stick when new
AVM-Great performer, cheap, tend to be more delicate than other hubs due to use of inferior materials
Your friend;
LAMAR

Dear 5-0-9 wheeler;
Never be afraid to report the facts, my young friend! Around here we try to never allow the facts to get in the the way of a good story.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Dear 5-0-9 wheeler;
Never be afraid to report the facts, my young friend! Around here we try to never allow the facts to get in the the way of a good story.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Speaking of facts lamar, lets see a pic of your toyota? Not a pic of some saggy titted old bag with a barrel of water atop her head, but of your wheler.

Simple really. This is a wheeling site and you claim to need a wheeler where you live. Lets see some of your wheelin pics.

Lets see some of your trail fixes. I know you have to get creative when theres no parts stores around. Lets see the real deal.:;

Or you will probally just post a black and white pic of a one legged crow at the market and some sweet little inspirational story.

Not your friend; CHOP SHOP

Speaking of facts lamar, lets see a pic of your toyota? Not a pic of some saggy titted old bag with a barrel of water atop her head, but of your wheler.

Simple really. This is a wheeling site and you claim to need a wheeler where you live. Lets see some of your wheelin pics.

Lets see some of your trail fixes. I know you have to get creative when theres no parts stores around. Lets see the real deal.:;

Or you will probally just post a black and white pic of a one legged crow at the market and some sweet little inspirational story.

Not your friend; CHOP SHOP

Dear CHOP SHOP;
Thank you so much for providing me with this much needed inpsiration, my friend!
Your friend;
LAMAR

Dear CHOP SHOP;
IIRC, I actually DID post a pic of my FJ40 here on NWW once upon a time. There was a thread titled something "Your best rollover pic" or some other thing such as this. I then took a photo of said FJ40 in the driveway, flipped it upside-down 180 degrees, and then posted it. Unfortunately, I think a mod named Comet deleted my post. He didn't think it was funny. I thought it was hilarious.
Your friend;
LAMAR
CORRECTION: I posted a pic of my FJ40 in a thread which is stickied in the 4X4 talk area and it was most likely ROCCRAWLER who deleted it.

Last edited:
Dear CHOP SHOP;
IIRC, I actually DID post a pic of my FJ40 here on NWW once upon a time. There was a thread titled something "Your best rollover pic" or some other thing such as this. I then took a photo of said FJ40 in the driveway, flipped it upside-down 180 degrees, and then posted it. Unfortunately, I think a mod named Comet deleted my post. He didn't think it was funny. I thought it was hilarious.
Your friend;
LAMAR

It was deleted because it reflects your posts. All BS and NO action.

Lets see the action jackson.:corn:

**** flowers birds an chit, I want to see trail action. Not driveway antics.:rolleyes:

Dear CHOP SHOP;
I am sorry my friend, but I didn't happen to hear the magic word...
Your friend who likes to hear the magic word;
LAMAR

Dear group;
My imfamous rollover pic along of a shot of my Hi-Lux when a softball sized rock went thru the windshield a couple of months ago.
YOur friend;
LAMAR

Last edited:

Latest posts