• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

laser eye surgery

muchado

Does anyone have experience good or bad with laser eye surgery? Thinking about doing it via pre-tax flexible spending account for next year. By doing it pre-tax, a $3k surgery will only be $2k less take-home pay..

My dad did it afew years ago and it has turned out great for him. The worst part of it was about the first week he wasnt able to really even go outside and had to wear sunglasses all the time

I know a couple middle age guys who have had it done. 2 had no problems, 1 had allot. Same doctor, same surgery ??? ???

I don't know if there is any rating organization or something but you need to check into the places you want to have it done at. I am going to have it done someday. I even shopped places about 5 years ago. I personally knew 2 guys that were permanently blind in one eye as a result of lasik messups. They both got theirs done at the biggest place in town that had commercials all over TV that claimed 100% success rates. So went and lt the place go through their spiel and they brought up the 100% success rate. I said, "I personally know two men who are blind after having surgery here. How can you claim that as a success?" Their reply was, "Oh, ah, well, um, I'd have to look into those specific cases." I decided to wait.

J. J.

I had it done bout 9 years ago and i still have 20/20 vision. I was driving and going about as normal 3hrs after. just had to wear saftety glasses when around dust because the laser temporarily messes with your tear ducts.

my girlfriends uncle is a top eye surgeon in indianapolis..... he does on average 20-40 lasiks a day. i know alot of people who have done it and had nothing but good things to say about it....... just be sure you are a proper candidate and you are able to have it done. alot of doctors will tell you that you need it when you really dont, they do this to try to get your money.

let us know what you decide. its a short and simple procedure. it takes around 5min total time

Thanks for the input.

I just made appointments Wed. and Thurs at 2 different places--we'll see what they say. I've gotta figure out if I'm doing it by friday if I want to use my flexible spending account (pretax) for 2010..

let us know what you decide
i have been wanting to do this myself but have always held off due to the price
i haven't thought about using the flex plan
is it 2k per eye or for both

gomer pyle said:
let us know what you decide
i have been wanting to do this myself but have always held off due to the price
i haven't thought about using the flex plan
is it 2k per eye or for both

$1800 per eye... so $3600 pre-tax.. fawk! :eek:

January 15th is the big day for me :dblthumb:

The whole reason we bring home questionable pieces of sex is so that when we are in a real relationship our girl can say "why did you fawk that" "you fawked her too"....

Bones said:
The whole reason we bring home questionable pieces of sex is so that when we are in a real relationship our girl can say "why did you fawk that" "you fawked her too"....

molaugh molaugh molaugh molaugh 2 AT 10 AND A 10 AT 2

Bones said:

Is that why you fugged Ronnie?!!! LMAO :woot: