• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

lasik surgery

Had it done for the wife 3 years ago. She loves it. She said they are a little more light sensitive than before. First few weeks they were wind and light sensitive. She was 20/400 pre surgery. Now 20/15. Best I remember it was about 3500$. Go with reputable over a good deal. It's the only eyes you have!!!!

So little update on this. Went for the pre op consult this morning. They said I'm perfect for it with the way eyes are and stuff and everything looked great. Here's where the problem is: 2100 per eye plus the after operation medicine and i wont be able to work for 3 days becasue i work in a lumber yard. No lifting for the first week over 10 lbs and nothing over 40 for the next 2 weeks. All in all, 5k buys a lot of contacts. Who knows maybe in a couple years when i can get some more money built back up i just bought a house so it probably wasn't the best year to look at getting it done.

Had it done 5 yrs ago. No problems. My brother was told he was legally blind for years. I talked him into going, just to see what they said. And they done his. No problems there either. The pricing depends on what package they offer you. I took the cheaper one. Because it don't matter what you pick, if something goes wrong, or it doesn't take they are not liable. You sign that before they start. And they hold to it.
I know one woman that had hers done years ago and the machine lost suction on her eye or some crap, and that eye isn't perfect. Guess what? they said, oh well. She never got anything out of it.

Re: Re: lasik surgery

TBItoy said:
Look up prk.

They dissolve your eye covering and reshape it with a wire brush or some ****...

No ****ing way man!!! Not this guy. Oh my God I've never heard of that. I truly feel for anyone that has that done. Good lord. There are some things I probably should not read.. Sheesh. Another thing to be thankful for, for sure. **** man. Ouch!

grcthird said:
With those conditions, I'd be out of work for a while, guess I could play service advisor and order parts.

thats what i'm saying. I couldnt work or do anything other than sit on my ass.

Just had a physical for EMT school a few days ago and the doc said that I have 20/13 vision, which is apparently the best you can have... I dated a girl that had Lasik done and she was constantly telling everyone how great it was. Really glad I don't have to fool with glasses or any of that crap and feel for those of you that do... I couldn't imagine!

my wife had it done 4 or 5 years ago.

before the surgery they asked her to read the clock on the wall. without her glasses she couldnt tell there was a clock on the wall at all.

15 minutes later they asked again and she said "its 5 till 11". couple days of hurt and recovery but back to work the next monday fine...

she still has halos and if its raining at night she wont drive at all. aside from that, shes still got great vision and glad she did it.

I mean, if shes gotta get home from work she will, but between halos and reflections off of wet streets its tough for her. side effect thats more or less for some people apparently... so she tries to avoid it as much as is reasonable

Overall, shes still really glad she had it done...

Re:

Glad she's happy overall. :) I talked to my wife, she said Dr. told her those side effects are one of the major advantages of ASA over LASIK.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Re:

knaffie said:
Glad she's happy overall. :) I talked to my wife, she said Dr. told her those side effects are one of the major advantages of ASA over LASIK.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I asked her about it the yesterday, and I cant remember if she did lasik or prk or something else, but from what she said, the worse your vision was before the surgery, more more likely/severe the halo effect is likely to be. she was damn near blind before hand, so I guess that makes sense...