• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Late 60's ford dana 60 questions

pos97TJ

I have a late 60's (68 I think) ford dana 60 rear and a disc brake setup for a 72-79. Will the hub assembly from a 72-79 rear 60 fit My spindles on a late 60's?

I have 35 spline shafts and had the stinkin spindles bored to match already or I would have just cut them off but now I have money into them and it would be much easier to be able to buy hubs then to buy hubs cut spindles and weld on new ones.:mad:

I didnt know that so I am glad I did address that now but I wish I would have run the numbers before I bought the disc brake setup. I would have started with a newer one and just narrowed it. Now I have all the four link and suspension stuff welded on it and an ARB and gears installed:mad:

all i did was buy weld on caliper brackets and used GM 1/2 ton brakes, worked fine and mine is a 1970. Should be able to sell that kit

does the rotor mount on the back of the hub or the front onn yours. It seems that if I were to weld a mount for the caliper behind the flange on the axle that the clapier would sit to far towards the center of the axle and wear down the outer pad maybe. Correct me if I am wrong though I would definetly do that it seems like an easy fix.

does the rotor mount on the back of the hub or the front onn yours. It seems that if I were to weld a mount for the caliper behind the flange on the axle that the clapier would sit to far towards the center of the axle and wear down the outer pad maybe. Correct me if I am wrong though I would definetly do that it seems like an easy fix.

Ill have to check, I think it might be on the inside of the little flange. I didnt run into and fitment issues

the big problem was getting the rotors to fit over the hub they are 3/4 ton rotors from a 76 chev frontend and the hub wont fit inside the rotor. That is why I figured I would have to run the rotor on the back of a newer hub. Which rotors did you get that fit over the hub?

those are the hubs I need. The drums that were on mine mounted on the front of the hub and the rotors wont fit on the front so I need hubs that the rotors will go on the back but I dont know if they will fit my spindles:booo: