• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Lawn Mower spin off

bad80cj

What weed-eaters do you prefer? I currently have 2 stihl both non-op. 2 husquvarnia both run great. One Deere and it works good. And one Shindowa non-op. What do you have and why? :drinkers:

All my lawn equipment is husquvarnia (mower, weed eater, & blower). All have been going strong for ~5 years now. Blower & weed eater both crack in the first couple of pulls.

I have a Honda 4stroke weed eater and I love it :****:. My first one I had close to 3500 hrs before the head on the aluminum shaft wore out and it still started first pull every time. And i was not easy on it at all.My new one is same way,one pull runs all day and it's quiet also. Hard to beat a stihl but since I've been using Honda I doubt I ever buy anything else. Chad :dblthumb:

Have Stihl and RedMax. Love my RedMax, fast, light, good torque and starts every time. It's on it's 5th season and works perfect. The Stihl is alright, heavy and tough. I use it for the Knarly grown up stuff.

all of our 2smoke stuff is Stihl.

Honda powered Toro's for the push mowers

24v ryobi. Battery Lists as long as I wanna be weed eating.

Lacks a lotta power compared to a good gas one, but for ease of use and never dicking with a weed eater carb again, its a fair trade off.

roundupconcentrate.jpg

+
image_22113.jpg

:dblthumb:

For the ~20 linear feet that I actually do have to weedeat, I have the smallest gas powered WeedEater brand trimmer that they make, I think it was $70 at Walmart ~5 years ago. I use it about 3x per year.

TBItoy said:
roundupconcentrate.jpg

+
image_22113.jpg

For the ~20 linear feet that I actually do have to weedeat, I have the smallest gas powered WeedEater brand trimmer that they make, I think it was $70 at Walmart ~5 years ago. I use it about 3x per year.

I hear ya on the spraying. I spray the road front which is about 1/4 mile long. I also spray around the pool, around all the buildings, dog pens and such. with that said it still leaves lots of weedeating. :)

Re: Re: Re: Lawn Mower spin off

TBItoy said:
roundupconcentrate.jpg

+
image_22113.jpg

That is 100% exactly my method. Prolly got the same exact weedeater...which is too short for my 6' 2" crippled ass, so I use it when **** grows way up, but I mostly kill every single spot that I can't touch with a lawn mower, with roundup.

Sent from my not-so-dumb phone...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lawn Mower spin off

TacomaJD said:
That is 100% exactly my method. Prolly got the same exact weedeater...which is too short for my 6' 2" crippled ass, so I use it when **** grows way up, but I mostly kill every single spot that I can't touch with a lawn mower, with roundup.

Sent from my not-so-dumb phone...

Heck yeah I run mine with one hand, it's like a damn kid sized weedeater!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lawn Mower spin off

TBItoy said:
Heck yeah I run mine with one hand, it's like a damn kid sized weedeater!

I got a slamming deal in mine right after I bought my house 4 years ago this month actually. My buddy's mom likes working in the yard so she bought this one and didn't like it, bought a more expensive one, and sold me this one for $30 after only using a handful of times. For a cheapo walmart unit, it still is easy to crank and works for what I need. Then again, I don't use it no more than I have to molaugh