• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LCQ Starting order

I just scored the sweet ass horn button we will need when we are passing sucka's in the big race. And a super fast as **** helmet. We gotta qualify now SON !! :woot: :****:

Matt or anyone else running the LCQ, have you guy's put together a game plan?? I know you have all talked but have you gone into detail about how or were you want to run hard or not. Just wanted to you what you have been thinking about. Like to see some you guy's make the main race. I'll be there to help any of you that make the race and need to make repair's. Just yell at me and I'll help in anyway I can.

This is my game plan, of course this is with never seeing any of the terrain. I am going to run my rig as hard as I can and still feel safe through the desert and hopefully I will have my line and can make Backdoor my bitch. After that it is more hauling ass through the desert to the finish. I am going to push my rig to it's limits in the LCQ, cause I want to race on Friday.

Friday I will drive miss daisy and fully plan to get passed by the whole world. It is not about hitting 100mph or saying I did this and that for me. I just want to finish and say I made it to the end with my car and co-driver in tact. I am sure we will be busting it on THursday and WILL need help if we get in. Because after we race we have to re-tech and do contingency. It will be a long night.

MIke,
We plan to run it like everything else. Gonna stack alot of rocks. LOL Really think we are gonna run it to keep it together but it will be quick figuring on a time of about 7-8 minutes as long as some 35" tire tracker doesn't get lodged in the way. Then I don't have to stack as many rocks. LMFAO See ya on the lake bed.

This race has turned into a political affair. Adding people to the LCQ and letting who ever into the big race. I know of a couple spots in the big race that the intended driver is not coming and the spot is being given away. One is a sponsor paid spot so cant complain to much about that but it will be interesting to see how they fill the spots of people that dont show.

Toddy

I think Matt's goals and intentions are very spot on for what we are there for. The LCQ is about getting INTO THE RACE !!!! Hell yea we are going to know the LCQ course like the back of our fuggin hands by Thrusday, and backdoor will be something we can run blind in the dark. This is a short go fast hit it hard race ( the LCQ ) and it will be tackled as such.

I also agree with Matt on the actual race ( I feel confident we are in a good spot to make it ) Complete it and dont kill the buggy.

:driving:

I noticed that also Todd. One of the empty spots is now filled by Griffen, who is the title sponsor. It seems like things could get a little shady, but I am hoping for a professional, by the rules event. There will be attrition and people that cannot make the race. It will be interesting to see if guys with guaranteed spots can't finish their rigs or get them right, if they will start showng up in LCQ rigs that didn't make it trying to race. There seems to be some loose rules around when a driver is "OUT". There are so many builds that are a LONG way from being done. I just don't see it happening for some, and there should be close to 20 LCQ spots if the rules are followed.

If I read right the griffen spot went to Drew Goldie. That means one less in the lcq if I am not mistaken. I know Derek West will be there cause we are hauling our junk together. Leaving Friday should be there late Saturday afternoon early evening. The people they added to the lcq were promised a spot if it got below a certain number and that was conveyed in a forum somewhere when this lcq all started. Any spots that open up in the main feature are supposed to go to lcq drivers now. Guess we will see what the powers that be do.

What gets me is guys that didnt even send in a app. to be in the race and just all the sudden they are in. We will spank the LCQ and then run a paced race to a finish. Not try to get crazy just make a strong finish.

Going to pick up the last few things after work today and then bust ass tomm. and be done with it. Then Sunday check the trailer out and load up Friday. I hope we can be there and hit back door Sunday night. And if Rusty is not there his rig might be on the trail Sunday.

Toddy

Yeah I don't like the adding people without apps. What is the point of applying? It seems like they have a view of it is my race and I will do whatever I want. Maybe that is just me being jaded about the lack of communication and info on the LCQ and associated rules for when a spot is free for the main race.

Hell I guess I will throw my fire suit and helmet in the buggy. Maybe I can get in the LCQ when I get there. molaugh molaugh molaugh

Yep going to run the lcq to qualify and run the main race to finish. Spent way to many hours building this rig to trash it on a madien voyage. Plus we don't have the horsepower or cash flow that the campbells and such have. Just want to finish the main event with a respecatable time. I will take bets 50% don't finish the main race.