• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Left Lane Addiction" !!!

dwa2469

22RTE Buggy,LC Axles,39 reds
I don't know about everyone else, but I am tired of idiots on the interstate that seem to be addicted to the left lane. I have always seen signs that read' Keep right except to pass' but these ****tards will not obey the rules of the road for nothing :flipgotcha: I'm just sayin, I don't care if you must stay in your beloved left lane just show some courtesy and let me by and then return to it if you must. One more thing, if you must do 60 mph on the interstate stay in the right lane before you kill someone :****:

Agreed and I wish the US had a autobahn on all interstates.... We need a lane for people like me who can safely navigate a vehicle at 90 MPH + without massive fines or loss of license.

Yes this would be a headache for 5 to 10 years but most major cities have constant road construction so what's the biggie....

Also the jobs offered would bolster the economy all over the country. Increased speeds mean increased fuel consumption, increase in tire and brake wear, the construction industry would boost the economy in just about every way....

what I like is 1 car doing 60 in the fastlane and 27 people pass them in the middle lane and they still continue to stay in the fastlane!!!

tonybolton said:
what I like is 1 car doing 60 in the fastlane and 27 people pass them in the middle lane and they still continue to stay in the fastlane!!!

I have pulled up behind those kind of folks and flashed my lights and they break tested me and flipped me off. I had to take some deep breaths not to run them off them damn road

I will admit I do have some pretty bad road rage and I do scare the wife from time to time but god damn I cannot stand these ignorant ****s.

For whatever reason the main thing that actually sets me off is the people that do not no how to go right on red and will just sit there with no traffic in any direction.

I've got some buddies that have lived in California New Jersey New York and they all say that Knoxville Tennessee has to be the worst place for drivers they have ever seen.

tonybolton said:
I will admit I do have some pretty bad road rage and I do scare the wife from time to time but god damn I cannot stand these ignorant ****s.

For whatever reason the main thing that actually sets me off is the people that do not no how to go right on red and will just sit there with no traffic in any direction.

I've got some buddies that have lived in California New Jersey New York and they all say that Knoxville Tennessee has to be the worst place for drivers they have ever seen.
X2 but I think Atlanta drivers got Knoxville beat, recall last year's snow fall.....

yeah the hammer lane fawkers running exactly the speed limit and then brake check you when you flash at them :flipgotcha: :flipper: GGRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! had this happen to me last week, brake checked me, pulled off into a left turn lane, whipped back out and then started riding my ass. I calmly got around the cars i was trying to pass and swapped back into the right lane and this dude blasts by me and goes out of sight??wth just get out of the left lane unless passing!!! :gtfo:

I lived in Germany '00-'03, the autobahn is the smoothest operating thing on the planet. They watch their rear-view just as much as the road because when you come up on a slower vehicle in the fast lane, you turn on your left turn signal and ride the white line, ALL people are courteous and get the fawk out of the way. I had ZERO road rage over there, and as pholmann can attest, it doesn't take much for me.

Side note, fastest I've ever been on 4 wheels was on the autobahn, 170mph in a '03 Nissan wagon. On 2 wheels was on the autobahn, 176mph on my buddy's Aprilla. And I can't ride for ****, so that was SCARY. Haha

infamous1 said:
yeah the hammer lane fawkers running exactly the speed limit and then brake check you when you flash at them :flipgotcha: :flipper: GGRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! had this happen to me last week, brake checked me, pulled off into a left turn lane, whipped back out and then started riding my ass. I calmly got around the cars i was trying to pass and swapped back into the right lane and this dude blasts by me and goes out of sight??wth just get out of the left lane unless passing!!! :gtfo:

That's when I would have stopped in the middle of the road and beat the **** out of someone. See what I mean? :****:

$T2eC16R,!)kE9s4Z+lyjBSF-egLkfw~~60_35.JPG

If you have ran any of the right lanes on arkansas interstate's, then you would understand why i always run the left lane. Normally between 75-80mph, if i see someone moveing faster than i, i will try and move over to let them buy.

Half the time they are texting. Texters dart around in the road and constantly change speed. When I blast pass them in the right lane they get their feelings hurt and then speed up. Another thing I don't understand is someone who will pace their speed with mine and try to stay in my blind spot no matter if I speed up or slow down.

Sawzall said:
Half the time they are texting. Texters dart around in the road and constantly change speed. When I blast pass them in the right lane they get their feelings hurt and then speed up. Another thing I don't understand is someone who will pace their speed with mine and try to stay in my blind spot no matter if I speed up or slow down.

"Sympathy drivers" is what I call them. They will run the same speed as anyone around them, which includes blocking the left lane climbing a mountain at 50 mph beside a semi truck.

This has been getting to me lately since I started running the interstate with my new job. It is definitely more of a problem than it was a few years ago. People have no courtesy for other drivers. If I'm not running short on time I take it upon myself to give driving lessons. Once it is obvious that they should move over and have had plenty time to do so and are being selfish I pass, get in their lane and drop a good 20mph or whatever it takes to make them change lanes. Then I return to my normal speed. As long as people just keep passing them they won't learn. When they are affected too I think things have a better chance of changing. If not oh well at least I feel better. No rage just politely get even. ;D

Re: Re: "Left Lane Addiction" !!!

5BrothersFabrication said:
I lived in Germany '00-'03, the autobahn is the smoothest operating thing on the planet. They watch their rear-view just as much as the road because when you come up on a slower vehicle in the fast lane, you turn on your left turn signal and ride the white line, ALL people are courteous and get the fawk out of the way. I had ZERO road rage over there, and as pholmann can attest, it doesn't take much for me.

Side note, fastest I've ever been on 4 wheels was on the autobahn, 170mph in a '03 Nissan wagon. On 2 wheels was on the autobahn, 176mph on my buddy's Aprilla. And I can't ride for ****, so that was SCARY. Haha
Also when I was in Ireland the round abouts made it quicker once you got used to how Irish drivers drove. When I came back to Chattanooga I was like these bad boys ain't nothing over here.

I also found out why Ireland is home to some of the best WRC drivers the speed limits...

Sawzall said:

Exactly! So many people in this country just flat out don't understand how to drive. They're not comfortable at the wheel nor do they have a mentality of being "aware" of their surroundings. A lot of these left lane jam ups are from people that pace the car in the lane next to them subconsciously.. drives me crazy.

Another frustration of mine is when I'm in a line of traffic waiting to turn left at a light, and I miss the light because the cars in front of me allow there to be a 5 or 6 car gap between them and the car making the turn ahead of them. So I get to sit through another light cycle because of their inconsiderate dilly dally nature. I would love it if cops could / would start targeting these types of drivers and write them tickets for impairing the flow of traffic.

I think this really all relates to a major problem with our society which is that more and more people are developing a nature of only worrying about themselves. The number of people in this world who show no attempt to be considerate to others around them is on the rise.

Its hands down my biggest pet peeve, I'm a pretty fast driver on the interstate but always get back in the right lane after passing someone. It just kills me that people don't realize there are 10 cars piled up behind them, how can you be such an idiot

I'm gonna die one day doing this but on bad days if I have to pass you in the right lane I get in front of you and slow down! Or better yet find an old lady doing 50 and match her speed till I can see the "left lane addict" is visible upset. If I could video and safely drive I could have my own U-tube channel from the re-actions these people give.

I've even been passed on the shoulder and brake checked HARD buy one "guy" :JRich:

Re: Re: "Left Lane Addiction" !!!

Blase said:
I'm gonna die one day doing this but on bad days if I have to pass you in the right lane I get in front of you and slow down! Or better yet find an old lady doing 50 and match her speed till I can see the "left lane addict" is visible upset. If I could video and safely drive I could have my own U-tube channel from the re-actions these people give.

I've even been passed on the shoulder and brake checked HARD buy one "guy" :JRich:
Get a GoPro!