• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Why is it not rock bouncing on the left coast?

muddinmetal said:
Here would be an awesome comparison. Imagine putting drivers with little to no offroad experiance in a stock ifs FJ on at tires behind the wheel at aetna after a week of rain. There wouldn't be straight body panel or still funtional winch anywhere to be found :****:

Got that right. I slipped and slid around up there almost every other weekend for about a year in my first rig (first one I actually took offroad, not just mud whompin on powerline trails). 3" lift on 32's and took the sway-bar off. Aetna was my first real offroad experience in a truck. **** was fun and I'm lucky to only have suffered some minor scratches and no major dented body panels. Damn it got sloppy though.

I miss those days!

TacomaJD said:
Got that right. I slipped and slid around up there almost every other weekend for about a year in my first rig (first one I actually took offroad, not just mud whompin on powerline trails). 3" lift on 32's and took the sway-bar off. Aetna was my first real offroad experience in a truck. **** was fun and I'm lucky to only have suffered some minor scratches and no major dented body panels. Damn it got sloppy though.

I miss those days!

Every time my buggy breaks I threaten to sell it and but a truck like this so I can have fun and not work on it. I started in a 93 yota on 33's locked fr and rear I drove everyday.

fl-krawler said:
The first time I went out west I was really shell shocked at how dry it was and the lack of vegetation. Unless you have experienced both regions its really tough to know just how different they are

While I haven't wheeled out west, I have traveled there many times. I fully understand and appreciate how dry it is. I didn't even need to travel there to do so though. You can tell just from pics how dry it is.

My question is, why can't people out there seem to understand like I do their environment? I mean, do they not see the snot, mud, and trees in the pics and vids? I mean, the way some of them talk it seems like they legitimately believe that the only reason we use throttle a lot is because our rigs and drivers suck.

BUG-E J said:
Every time my buggy breaks I threaten to sell it and but a truck like this so I can have fun and not work on it. I started in a 93 yota on 33's locked fr and rear I drove everyday.

'er body needs a FISHING TRUCK

patooyee said:
While I haven't wheeled out west, I have traveled there many times. I fully understand and appreciate how dry it is. I didn't even need to travel there to do so though. You can tell just from pics how dry it is.

My question is, why can't people out there seem to understand like I do their environment? I mean, do they not see the snot, mud, and trees in the pics and vids? I mean, the way some of them talk it seems like they legitimately believe that the only reason we use throttle a lot is because our rigs and drivers suck.

Have you ever met an open minded democrat? A truly open minded person that appreciated other opinions and legitimately debates scenarios outside their bubble??

Re: Re: Re: Why is it not rock bouncing on the left coast?

BUG-E J said:

Big fun costs big! Man that white Tacoma had 212k miles on it when I sold it to buy the gold solid axle swapped Taco. It had a 3rz 4 banger, 5 speed, with open diffs. I beat the immortal **** out of that truck in the mud and on the trails, and never had to turn a screw on it. Drove it to work almost every day of the week too.

If I ever got out of the "hardcore crawling" game, I'd go back to another truck just like it so I could still hit the trails with everyone and get my drank on lol. Prolly have just about the same fun for a fraction of the cost. But just like any hobby, can't stop going bigger and better.

patooyee said:
I mean, the way some of them talk it seems like they legitimately believe that the only reason we use throttle a lot is because our rigs and drivers suck.

Its give and take. ALOT of stuff can be crawled, but it would take a while trying to find the good line, and then there are other obstacles where there isn't a snowball chance in hell without the skinny pedal. Even some obstacles out west are the same way though. I think they talk a lot of **** because nobody TRIES to crawl the obstacles at first. Its just banzai, balls to the wall, and up the hill you go. The first time I met Brian Cole was in Tellico in the fall of 06, at the bottom of Slickrock. He sat at the base of the slab of a good 15min boiling the tires off his FJ buggy. EVERYBODY in our group was like WTF is he doing that for? Everyone in our group easily crawled up the obstacle right after their group as the obstacle was really dry. That is one example of where crawling could have been done. Did Brian put on a show, sure, but It was almost more entertaining (for me atleast) to watch a stockish TJ on 33's crawl the same line without barely spinning a tire right behind him

crawlin85cj said:
Have you ever met an open minded democrat? A truly open minded person that appreciated other opinions and legitimately debates scenarios outside their bubble??

That was my thinking as well...

crawlin85cj said:

molaugh