• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Left Lane Addiction" !!!

Blase said:
I'm gonna die one day doing this but on bad days if I have to pass you in the right lane I get in front of you and slow down!

Glad I'm not the only one giving driving lessons.

I'm on the interstate a lot traveling to surrounding towns for work and see this on a daily basis. Hell, I'm driving an E350 with a 15' box and I gotta pass your slow inconsiderate ass on the right??? Get outta my damn way...I got places to be! Pisses me off big time!! :driving: :gtfo:

So yesterday I follow this asshat for MILES in the fast lane doing 70 in a 70, never had a good opportunity to pass him in the slow lane. I finally start riding the rumble strip about a foot off his bumper and he gets over, then floors it. Of course I had it floored but his is a little quicker, he leveled off at 85 and I just kept the hammer down til I was doing 95 and got beside him. Came up on a 65 mph truck and forced him to slam on his brakes. Flipped him off and kept going. ****ing idiot.
:flipgotcha:

FUUUUK idiot drivers piss me off. These dumb shits are reproducing and voting and it sucks. Just a few days ago I was stuck behind a 03-ish silverado 1500 on a 2 lane road going 55 in a 55 for at least 10 miles. I was driving my '11 f250 with the 6.7. I rode this guys ass the entire time. I finally got an opportunity to pass him on a straightaway so i jump out of my lane to pass and I hear his exhaust start screaming and he tries to speed up to keep me from passing him. I went to about 3/4 throttle and passed that screaming chebby like it was standing still. He realized he couldnt match me and lays on his horn and bright lights me from behind. Fuk that dude. Thats a good way to get somebody kilt.

Olivedrabcj7 said:
FUUUUK idiot drivers piss me off. These dumb shits are reproducing and voting and it sucks. Just a few days ago I was stuck behind a 03-ish silverado 1500 on a 2 lane road going 55 in a 55 for at least 10 miles. I was driving my '11 f250 with the 6.7. I rode this guys ass the entire time. I finally got an opportunity to pass him on a straightaway so i jump out of my lane to pass and I hear his exhaust start screaming and he tries to speed up to keep me from passing him. I went to about 3/4 throttle and passed that screaming chebby like it was standing still. He realized he couldnt match me and lays on his horn and bright lights me from behind. Fuk that dude. Thats a good way to get somebody kilt.

Well that Nissan I drive isn't slingshotting around ****, so I kinda count on people getting over and staying there. It might be the king of drift, but certainly not from power, just physics and excellent driving.
:driving: :eek:

5BrothersFabrication said:
I lived in Germany '00-'03, the autobahn is the smoothest operating thing on the planet. They watch their rear-view just as much as the road because when you come up on a slower vehicle in the fast lane, you turn on your left turn signal and ride the white line, ALL people are courteous and get the fawk out of the way. I had ZERO road rage over there, and as pholmann can attest, it doesn't take much for me.

Side note, fastest I've ever been on 4 wheels was on the autobahn, 170mph in a '03 Nissan wagon. On 2 wheels was on the autobahn, 176mph on my buddy's Aprilla. And I can't ride for ****, so that was SCARY. Haha

I went to Europe for vacation in 2001, and experienced the same thing. It was AMAZING how everyone moved to the right before you even had to slow down.

I have another peeve to add to this....your "casual interstate mergers".

These ****s think you're supposed keep the speed limit at School Zone levels until they are ABSOLUTELY out "merge lane" and then begin to find the gas pedal and look in their side view mirro to merge into traffic.

I can tell you that i'm already looking at the interstate when i'm in the middle of turning onto the on-ramp. i'm also doing at least 60 to even 70mph by the last 3/4's of the ramp.

It absolutely amazes me that people think it's acceptable to merge their 30mph driving ass onto a road with people doing 70+

tonybolton said:

These ****s think you're supposed keep the speed limit at School Zone levels until they are ABSOLUTELY out "merge lane" and then begin to find the gas pedal and look in their side view mirro to merge into traffic.

I can tell you that i'm already looking at the interstate when i'm in the middle of turning onto the on-ramp. i'm also doing at least 60 to even 70mph by the last 3/4's of the ramp.

It absolutely amazes me that people think it's acceptable to merge their 30mph driving ass onto a road with people doing 70+

Hell yes that **** is dangerous.

Oh, and people that for some reason think that just because you are pulling a trailer, that they HAVE to pass you! Even if you're doing 80 in the left lane... They'll pass you, get in front of you.... Then ****ing SLOW DOWN! :indianajones: :gtfo:

LOL!! That too! I'm probably doing 75-80 even with the trailer behind me. Hell, that might be why i've gone through 4 sets of trailer tires in about a year! :(

tonybolton said:

Those people are DANGEROUS. I usually like to be going 10-15 mph faster than the flow of traffic by the time I get to the bottom of the on ramp. It is easier to scrubb off 10-20 mph than it is to add 10-20 mph to 'fit in' to the traffic line.

Re:

I give exceptions to certain vehicles on this because I know there's times I got my Tracker to the floor trying to make sure I can get up to speed and there's days where it's just not happening but I also try and watch when I'm merging in and time it to be the least amount of interruption I can be. I go through the same thing in my tanker at work. My truck makes decent power but you can't exactly fly around the circle ramps and build up speed with a trailer load of gas but once I'm around safe I put to the floor and hope for the best.

5BrothersFabrication said:

So yesterday I follow this asshat for MILES in the fast lane doing 70 in a 70, never had a good opportunity to pass him in the slow lane. I finally start riding the rumble strip about a foot off his bumper and he gets over, then floors it. Of course I had it floored but his is a little quicker, he leveled off at 85 and I just kept the hammer down til I was doing 95 and got beside him. Came up on a 65 mph truck and forced him to slam on his brakes. Flipped him off and kept going. ****ing idiot.
:flipgotcha:

If you let the emergency brake off that rag might pick up speed a little better :dblthumb:

Hell if it will get 752 miles on 1/8 of a tank of fuel. You either have a huge tank or I need to buy your car.