• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Lets Talk Batteries

redneckengineered said:
Optima used to be bulletproof but they have not been the same since they moved their manufacturing to Mexico. IIRC this was around 5 years ago or so. At least that is when it seems like the quality dropped off. I run nothing but XS and Northstar/Batteries Plus X2 now.

how much do these batteries cost?

I've had excellent luck with the oreilly platinum agm's.. supposedly made by deka

I think my "new" optima is 4 or 5 years old now...
I've heard that they aren't any good any more but haven't seen it first hand... Only one I know of personally dying an early death, my buddy left a blue top hooked to a 60 amp charger and forgot it for a week....
It was FUBAR but I can't fault optima there

I have one of the sears platinum AGM ones that has been great so far...I havent run it in the buggy yet obviously, but I have used it a good bit winching things on and off the trailer and around the shop as a hoist. Its held a charge for over a year with only a few nights on the trickle charger.

I have also heard good things about the Northstar batteries so I dont think you could go wrong there either.

Dont buy an optima though...those things are garbage. I have a pile of dead optimas in the shop and I wont ever buy another one