• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Optima batteries

just bought an Autocraft (agm) deep cycle marine battery for the trailer. only $100. hope it works well

5BrothersFabrication said:
[size=10pt]F.Y.I.!!![/size]

For years I thought Optimas were junk, couldn't make one last for more than a year or two. Found out last week that you have to charge them with an AGM charger, a regular charger will kill one. They are very sensitive to overcharging. Carry on.
hmmm...did not know this. Maybe that's why mine would never seem to last. I just thought I did not get out and wheel enough and that's why they were always dead and did not like to take a charge. still buy them at Autozone because the guys at my local Autozone will warranty out anything I bring in there including the Optima's with no questions asked. Optima from Autozone will be going into the new rig in a month just because I can take it 2minutes down the road and get a new one if I have any problems with it at all. The only thing that sucks is Autozone won't let you use a coupon code to buy one online.

xjtony said:
I got the sams Duracell agm one. The top and side post. Was like $130. Works so far
Think I will try one of these, was going to do an Odyssey, but they are pricey.

Rebooting this....

The Smart Start Platinum AGM I got from ORiellys in 2017 was DOA yesterday.

This truck has sat for a month+ It has sat that long before no issues.

I jump it off with my portable booster and drive it away. Drive for about 30min then goto Wal-Mart. Come back out....dead....nothing....no interior lights at all.

Jump it back off and home I go.

Truck was seeing 14 volts....alternator 15 volts....battery shows 2.6

Now the fun part. Head to ORiellys for warranty replacement.

"This battery has a 3 year warranty sir."
Awesome...thanks.

"Hmmmm....showing you bought this in March 2017...so it's not under warranty "
Excuse me? Why?!

"Its only a 3 year warranty from purchase date and this July and you bought it in March."
Yea....i know...this is 2018 right?

I'm not typing anymore but 5 more minutes and I had my free replacement.

I've never had an AGM go bad on me. Is what it is. Jeep has sat as long as the truck.....jeep fired right up.

Latest posts