• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Let's talk new Rubicon...

Rich1

I looked--I listened--I changed
I'm curious to hear from others that "actually own" a newer model jeep Rubicon... I'd like to hear what you think and have to say about yours?

:corn:

<---loves the hell out of my 07 Wrangler Rubicon/RubyDoo.

Negatives, ujoints but that is with all of them, Evap can location, Steering Stablizer location, not strong gas tank skid, NO engine skid, The engine leaves some to be desired 3.8 v-6 out of the minivan.

<---loves the hell out of my 07 Wrangler Rubicon/RubyDoo.

Negatives, ujoints but that is with all of them, Evap can location, Steering Stablizer location, not strong gas tank skid, NO engine skid, The engine leaves some to be desired 3.8 v-6 out of the minivan.

You forgot to mention the fenders fall off at a moment's notice!!!:; :haha:

My brother just bought a Unlimited Rubicon and still loves it. I have been working the wifey over to trade her Accord in on one. I have a JK X 2dr that I have about 200miles on and way too many dollars into. So no I don't own one so take it for what its worth. Hopefully soon though

then she grabbed at everything as the rpm's shot up to 7grand and we were only doing 4mph...

Nope...

Didn't happen....

Electronic throttle.

And the 3.8 makes more power everywhere than the 4.0. Power to weight ratio is what makes the JK sluggish.

Nope...

Didn't happen....

Electronic throttle.

And the 3.8 makes more power everywhere than the 4.0. Power to weight ratio is what makes the JK sluggish.

it was a expression.... i didn't watch the dash....

Last edited:
My fender flairs come off yes. They come off easily because i got sick of trying to repair the substructure that holds the front ones up and took out the wheel well covers on the rear. JK's are 5" wider and 8" longer than an 06 2dr reguler length TJ.

LOVE the electric sway bar disconnect and electric lockers and the fact they came stock with 32x10 MT tires is NOT bad eather. More and More stuffis becomming available for them.

The 3.8 has NO low end torque. With the 5.13's and 35s and 6 speed RubyDoo can almost start dueing wheelies.

My fender flairs come off yes. They come off easily because i got sick of trying to repair the substructure that holds the front ones up and took out the wheel well covers on the rear. JK's are 5" wider and 8" longer than an 06 2dr reguler length TJ.

LOVE the electric sway bar disconnect and electric lockers and the fact they came stock with 32x10 MT tires is NOT bad eather. More and More stuffis becomming available for them.

The 3.8 has NO low end torque. With the 5.13's and 35s and 6 speed RubyDoo can almost start dueing wheelies.

shhh, don't tell him anything, give him a couple months, the jeep will be gone.

Rich is soo back at it again:haha:

i test drove a 4dr Rubicon and loved it... but there is no way can i fork over the coin for one just to see it take the abuse my CJ has taken. :eeek:

How much did you get for trade on the quads? Or are they for sale? If so how much? Now for your build we will outline a quick 3step plan....Step 1 go get the blinging chrome grill.....Step 2 5-6" lift... Step 3 39.5 tires(no regear or axle upgrade) and you will fit in with the other mall crawlers.... I have had a tj and now own a kj and if I was to build a rig it would be a tj....the V6v sucks for torque and bottom end.