• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Lexan/fiberglass front ends?

I got mine from Trent Fab. They don't advertise them very well. He said they have low production numbers. I had to wait almost a year for my FJ hood. Probably best to look them up and call.

Team She-J / Jimmys 4x4
Twisted Customs
Chris Durham

then you have the standard "stock style" ones that are practically endless
Genright
AEV
etc etc

whiskeymakin said:
Thanks, slravenel do you have one In particular you use or recommend?

I have used She-J/Jimmys 4x4 on 2 buggies, Twisted Customs on one (the next buggy we are building is using a fyberconcepts (Jimmys 4x4) bronco body)

The twisted customs set is a lot thicker and more rigid than the She-J / Jimmys 4x4 setup. It is easier to mount and body gap right because it doesnt move much, but the She-J / Jimmys 4x4 setup is so flexible that I dont think its possible to really break one.

My personal buggy uses a 48" She-J / Jimmys 4x4 setup for what its worth. But the Twisted Customs setup is equally as nice, just different.

The campbell hoods are also really high quality. Durham Motorsports is as well, but I havent ever worked with one to tell you one way or another how I like actually working with it (I dont think he makes grills and cowls, but im not sure.)

Team She-J no longer makes them. He had some health problems and had to give it up.

Jimmy's 4x4 is who I got mine from but they get them from Fybr Concepts.

1TONTJ said:
Team She-J no longer makes them. He had some health problems and had to give it up.

Jimmy's 4x4 is who I got mine from but they get them from Fybr Concepts.

I am almost positive that jimmy's bought the molds from Jim at She-J and makes those now. He was going through the health issues and the transfer of everything for the last set we bought from him. Sucks to hear he's officially hung it up though!

fyberconcepts is Jimmys. Randy bought all the molds and developing additional ones. Here is a copy of pricing he sent me 2 weeks ago when I inquired about a new J hood/cowl/grille. They are decent product, but after seeing one in person, I'm gonna invest in making my own molds

FYBR CONCEPTS;
BODY/FRONT CLI+A2:I80PS Universal Escalade-Truck 1-Piece kit RETAIL
REAR FENDERS 48 ESC-UNVSL-HOOD 48"@Cowl opening 475
Escalade/Truck Hodd 52"@cowl 500
Escalade/Truck 54"@cowl 525
*48" is Gen 1 W/a Opening in cowl area, 52" and 54" is closed in cowl gen II
JEEP TJ
48" TJ Kit
48 TJ HOOD Small fenders 450
48 TJ HOOD Wide fenders 475
48 TJ GRILLE 150
48 TJ COWL 210
59" Full width TJ
59" Full width TJ Hood No Fenders 500
59" Full width TJ Hood with Fenders 525
59" TJ Cowl 250
59" TJ grille 175
JEEP JK
48" JK Kit
48 JK HOOD Small fenders 475
48 JK GRILLE 160
48 JK COWL 205
54" Jk kit
480 Carbon hood 54 JK HOOD W/FEN 500
363 Carbon grille 54 JK GRILLE 170
on any size 54 JK COWL 225
59" Fullwidth JK
59" Full width JK Hood with Fenders 525
59" Full width JK Hood with Fenders to CJ cowl 525
59" JK/JLcowl 260
59" JK Grille 180
JEEP JL
48" JL Kit
48 JL HOOD Small fenders 575
48 JL GRILLE 170
48 JL/JK COWL 205
54" Fullwidth JL
54" Full width JL Hood with Fenders 600
54" JL/JK cowl 225
54" JL Grille 180
59" Fullwidth JL
59" Full width JL Hood with Fenders 625
59" JL/JK cowl 260
59" JL Grille 200
CHEVY COLO/SILVERADO
Hood 375
Grille 175
COLO FEND LFT 185
COLO FEND RGT 185
RR CO FEN LFT Short 220
RR CO FEN RGT Short 220
RR CO FEN LNG RGT 250
RR CO FEN LNG LFT 250
FORD Raptor
FORD Raptor 1-piece 54" 600
FORD EARLY BRONCO 2910
Hood 525
Grille 420
Front fender left 395
Front fender right 395
Front hI-Line Fender Left 495
Front HI-Line Fender Right 495
Door skin LorR 385
Rear Fender left 395
Rear fender right 395
Rear HI-Line Fender Left 495
Rear HI-Line Fender Right 495
Jul-18
TOYOTA
Jul-18 FJ40 54 and 59
DODGE
DODGE Grille to convert GM colo to Dodge 195
Toyota and Ford Grille to Convert
HOOD PIN KIT
Grommet only
Pin w/clip only 18.5
Fender kit (Does a pair of fenders 6pcs) 9.75
Fender kit (single piece) 9.75

You didnt like the Fyberconcepts stuff? I have a set of the highline bronco skins to start this new buggy with and they are super high quality pieces. Even better customer service, this was the first set of the highline fenders and some of the stuff didnt line up right, and they have been nothing but helpful in getting us what we need.

I'll start a build thread once we get a little further along

They arent super flexible though, so they will probably see some damage down the road....but such is life in a trail digger!

Mine came From Meredith Machine in Joplin, Missouri. Not sure if they still sell them, but, their contact number is 417-621-1021

slravenel said:
You didnt like the Fyberconcepts stuff? I have a set of the highline bronco skins to start this new buggy with and they are super high quality pieces. Even better customer service, this was the first set of the highline fenders and some of the stuff didnt line up right, and they have been nothing but helpful in getting us what we need.

I'll start a build thread once we get a little further along

They arent super flexible though, so they will probably see some damage down the road....but such is life in a trail digger!

They are decent, but I tend to be pretty picky with what I want. When I inquired about the parts I asked about specific dimensions as I wanted to be sure the parts would fit a chassis I'm building for a customer well, without a lot of modification. The only response I got back was a very vague "they are 54". Having been in this industry for almost 20yrs now I've gotten that type of response from vendors who are only interested in you when asking for your credit card info. Not saying jimmys doesn't or wouldn't have good customer service, but I just didn't want to put the effort in to hounding them for the info I needed (and originally asked for). One advantage to living where I do is due to the boating industry, fiberglass supplies and knowledge are everywhere, and making molds isn't hard at all. Add into that , that I'm a cheap ass and I'd rater invest money into molds that will allow me to replicate the parts quickly and cheaply. Like a lot of "shops" building buggies isn't my main source of income (I'm a hospice RN by day) but I stay pretty busy building chassis (10 last year) and assorted other cage/suspension/engine work as a side gigso having molds that I can make and tweak parts to customers specs is pretty valuable. I guess I just needed an excuse to do it

fl-krawler said:
They are decent, but I tend to be pretty picky with what I want. When I inquired about the parts I asked about specific dimensions as I wanted to be sure the parts would fit a chassis I'm building for a customer well, without a lot of modification. The only response I got back was a very vague "they are 54". Having been in this industry for almost 20yrs now I've gotten that type of response from vendors who are only interested in you when asking for your credit card info. Not saying jimmys doesn't or wouldn't have good customer service, but I just didn't want to put the effort in to hounding them for the info I needed (and originally asked for). One advantage to living where I do is due to the boating industry, fiberglass supplies and knowledge are everywhere, and making molds isn't hard at all. Add into that , that I'm a cheap ass and I'd rater invest money into molds that will allow me to replicate the parts quickly and cheaply. Like a lot of "shops" building buggies isn't my main source of income (I'm a hospice RN by day) but I stay pretty busy building chassis (10 last year) and assorted other cage/suspension/engine work as a side gigso having molds that I can make and tweak parts to customers specs is pretty valuable. I guess I just needed an excuse to do it

10 chassis as a part time gig last year??!!! How far are you building them out?

Jduck said:
10 chassis as a part time gig last year??!!! How far are you building them out?
3 with link and drivetrain mounts. One is still in the shop being built to turn key (chassis itself is finished). The rest were built to the same point as the one i have for sale in the classified section (just the main shell). Its pretty easy when I'm building the same thing over and over. On that chassis I just bent/notched 4 or every tube. I really want to get into doing DIY kits like goatbuilt, bomber, and a few others so I am slowly working up to that. With my nursing job I only work 2, sometimes 3 days a week depending on how much overtime I want. That leaves me 3-4 days in the shop, and a day to enjoy off with the family every week

fl-krawler said:
3 with link and drivetrain mounts. One is still in the shop being built to turn key (chassis itself is finished). The rest were built to the same point as the one i have for sale in the classified section (just the main shell). Its pretty easy when I'm building the same thing over and over. On that chassis I just bent/notched 4 or every tube. I really want to get into doing DIY kits like goatbuilt, bomber, and a few others so I am slowly working up to that. With my nursing job I only work 2, sometimes 3 days a week depending on how much overtime I want. That leaves me 3-4 days in the shop, and a day to enjoy off with the family every week

That number caught me off guard because I don't think I've seen you post up or advertise any for sale and the only ones in your background appear to be the same ones that have been sitting growing that nice Florida rust.

Latest posts