• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Line Locks

cutting/turning brake application. Something I can turn on while I jump out of the jeep for a minute to run up the trail and not have to turn the jeep off and put it in gear.

What brand have people used and had good luck with?

I've got a Mico-lock (manual lever style) set up as an E-brake; Seems to work very well....even still holds after sitting several hours!!! The reason I did this was the same reason you mention....that and I hate all the cable/fulcrum setup in Yota axles....:puke:

I've got a Mico-lock (manual lever style) set up as an E-brake; Seems to work very well....even still holds after sitting several hours!!! The reason I did this was the same reason you mention....that and I hate all the cable/fulcrum setup in Yota axles....:puke:

X2 old school style never has failed in the 15 or so years on the jeep

X3 for the microlock at least ten years in the jeep never failed me yet.

its what dumptrucks use to hold the truck while dumping the bed.

the large fuel truck that delivers heating oil uses one also.

but relies on power to hold it on and not intended to be used for more than a 30seconds...

Mine will drain the battery before they release, I mainly use them for digs and momentary stops just for safety. Hook a tire behind a rock or tree if your worried about it.

I have run both electric line locks and cutting brakes.....I have thess now and absolutly love them:http://www.cncbrakes.com/cb.asp?grp=cb&subgrp=dh&series=452S&subseries=

I have them hooked to each rear tire( you can get the dual cylinder/single lever x2 and lock each corner but my setup was free soooo) and with the rear dissenguaged I can lock each and burn around although I usually lock both and wood it!!:redneck:

I'm sure ALL the experts will wade in and say they levers suck but they work for me:D As far as parking goes...I just dead man my junk against a tree,someones rig,a stump etc.

Summit's house brand has been working great for. I run three; two rear, one front. Never had one release. I did have them drain the battery once when I left 'em on all week though.