• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Little Gibby's 45 MB

Sharing info & tips with others is a great way to learn new tricks.

Until you run into the one who knows it all. Lol

AMEN :redneck:

I was a non believer in rope years ago. Once I finally bucked up and switched I will never go back to cable for a wheeler. Cable has its place no doubt but when ya gotta make 6-7 pulls to get up a nasty ice covered hill--that rope is soo damn nice...

Gotta get a rebuild kit tomorrow for this..

Attachments

• 20150330_211715.jpg
    20150330_211715.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 177
Got some misc stuff done and measurements for belts and lower rad hose.

Attachments

• 20150330_211722.jpg
    20150330_211722.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 192
  • 20150330_211733.jpg
    20150330_211733.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 182
Don't go too far on that carb. I may go with a truck avenger carb if that needs any work.

That carb has never been run.

Its been ran from looking at it.

I would not go with an avenger carb--most are pretty high CFM and you will not be happy with the over fueling..

AMEN :redneck:

I was a non believer in rope years ago. Once I finally bucked up and switched I will never go back to cable for a wheeler. Cable has its place no doubt but when ya gotta make 6-7 pulls to get up a nasty ice covered hill--that rope is soo damn nice...
I have never owned synthetic line on any of my winches but have used Amsteel Blue for a few applications and it is nice to work with. It was way easier packing and no jagers!!

So did ya order it yet Dale :redneck:

No sense in waiting time/money on that other carb..

Not yet, but I can. It's a spendy little bugger!

That old carb really has never been run. It was new for that motor.

I can get it ordered up.

So is this a good place to discuss TBI vs carb, since it seems that the existing carb needs work?

On my 4Runner, I jumped out of the carb as quickly as I could after driving it. I LOVE my MPFI system on the 4 Runner.

Is a TBI system worth the extra money?

Ideas? I don't see saving $900 in fuel very likely so fuel efficiency isn't huge. Reliability is important...